Provide expert advice with peace of mind

Your clients rely on you to deliver quality services and advice. And despite your best efforts, there’s always a chance something can go wrong – potentially leaving you or your employees facing a compensation claim or legal action that’s expensive to fight, let alone lose.

QBE Professionals and Consultants insurance is a type of business insurance that provides a range of coverage options for professional service providers such as accountants, IT consultants, business management consultants, graphic designers, public relations specialists and more.

What can be QBE Professionals and Consultants insurance cover*?

QBE Professional and Consultants insurance can be tailored to include:

  • QBE professional Indemnity insurance – cover against claims arising from the services or advice you provide
  • Public liability insurance – $5 million, $10 million, $20 million or $50 million cover against third-party personal injury, property damage and advertising liability claims
  • Physical loss, damage or theft at your office
  • Damage to your electronic equipment
  • Legal action by employees (also known as Employment Practices Liability)
  • Legal action by government (also known as Statutory Liability)
  • Business Interruption – cover for your day-to-day expenses after an incident, so you can keep your business running
  • Cyber data breaches – if handling and protecting confidential information in the digital world is key for your business
  • Business vehicles 

* Covers listed are subject to terms and conditions. Limits, sub- limits and exclusions apply.

What are the most common claims for professionals?

The most common claims for professional service providers are:

  • Accidental damage to property such as mobile phones, laptops, printers and other common office equipment
  • Property damage due to weather, with high costs that could put any small business at risk
  • Allegations of breach of professional duty, contracts or intellectual property
  • Allegations of negligent or incorrect professional advice
  • Allegations of misleading advertising of the services offered

How to buy QBE Professionals and Consultants Insurance

Our range of business insurance options for Professionals and Consultants are available through brokers and QBE authorised representatives. They will be able to give you a professional indemnity insurance quote - or a quote for any other of our business insurance options - and ensure your cover works for you. And if you need to make a claim, they’ll guide you through our claims process.

Need a broker? If you don’t have a reliable personal recommendation, the National Insurance Brokers Association (NIBA)* can help you find an accredited broker. Or see our guide to finding the right broker.

*The brokers on this site are not employees or agents of QBE, but are independent entities. QBE is not responsible for any advice provided to you by any broker on this site. Any such advice is the responsibility of the broker concerned.

You might be interested in...

Business Packages

A one stop shop cover for liability, property damage, business interruption, theft, glass breakage, machinery breakdown and more.

Professional Indemnity insurance

A financial safety net if you’re unavoidably sued for damages caused by negligence, mistake, or omission when providing a service or advice to customers.

Public Liability insurance

Operate with confidence knowing you’re covered if a third party claims against you for property damage or personal injury caused by your people or products.


Commercial Motor insurance

Flexible cover for any number of business vehicles, with policies designed to meet your needs. For everything from cars, utes and vans to trucks and earth movers.


Professional Indemnity (PI) insurance, also known as Professional Liability insurance or Errors and Omissions cover, protects businesses that provide advice or services for a fee.

QBE PI insurance covers claims made against you for alleged negligence or breach of duty arising from an act, error or omission in the performance of your professional advice or service.

Learn more

Every business is different, so the industry you operate in and the services you provide will determine the level of Professional Indemnity cover that is right for your business. 

Some occupations (e.g. real estate agents and accountants) require a certain limit of Professional Indemnity insurance cover to operate by law. Other professionals might work on contracts that require to hold a minimum amount of Professional Indemnity insurance.

No matter what industry you are in, or the size of your business, it’s important to have the right level of Professional Indemnity insurance to protect your business’ finances and reputation. Your broker can help you understand how much that will cost.

We have dedicated Liability Claims teams in each state ready to help. To lodge a claim contact your broker or email QBE directly:

Liability claims

Professional Indemnity claims

Other claims

    Business insurance explained


    The insurance you need to start a small business


    Business insurance
    10 key considerations for your business
    Business insurance
    How to evaluate your business risks