QBE Business Insurance Pack
Your clients rely on you to deliver quality services and advice. And despite your best efforts, there’s always a chance something can go wrong – potentially leaving you or your employees facing a compensation claim or legal action that’s expensive to fight, let alone lose.
QBE’s Business Insurance Pack offers a range of coverage options for professional service providers such as accountants, IT consultants, business management consultants, graphic designers, public relations specialists and more.
What can it cover?
The Business Insurance Pack comes with Business Liability as standard, which provides $5 million, $10 million or $20 million cover against third-party personal injury, property damage and advertising liability claims.
From there you can add:
- Business building and contents
- Portable Items
- Business Interruption
Types of businesses we cover
Our Business Insurance Pack is suitable for professional services businesses with a turnover under $2 million and less than 10 staff.
Professional Services businesses include:
- IT consultants
- Business management consultants
- Graphic designers
- Public relations specialists.
If our Business Insurance Pack doesn’t meet your needs, QBE also offers business insurance products available through a broker, these can be tailored to meet your needs to include:
- Professional Indemnity insurance - cover against claims arising from the services or advice you provide
- Damage to your electronic equipment
- Legal action by employees (also known as Employment Practices Liability)
- Legal action by government (also known as Statutory Liability)
- Cyber data breaches – if handling and protecting confidential information in the digital world is key for your business
- Business vehicles.
What are the most common claims for professionals?
When you’re looking at insurance, it’s important to consider all the possibilities. The top five claims are:
- Accidental damage to property such as mobile phones, laptops, printers and other common office equipment
- Property damage due to weather, with high costs that could put any small business at risk
- Allegations of breach of professional duty, contracts or intellectual property
- Allegations of negligent or incorrect professional advice
- Allegations of misleading advertising of the services offered.
This advice is general in nature and has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and may not be right for you. You must decide whether or not it is appropriate, in light of your own circumstances, to act on this advice. To decide if this products is right for you, please read the QBE Small Business Insurance Policy Wording. Insurance issued and underwritten by QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited (ABN 78 003 191 035, AFSL 239545).