Information for our bushfire-affected customers
Damage to homes and businesses caused by bushfires can be devastating and severe, and we’re working hard to support our customers as quickly as possible.
During a bushfire event, we have additional team members in place ready to take your calls and lodge claims. Our assessors and tradespeople are prepared to ensure we can support you as quickly as possible should you have sustained any damage.
If you need to make a claim due to bushfire damage, please contact us as soon as you’re safe and able to do so. While our assessors and tradespeople can’t enter affected areas until emergency services declare it safe, notifying us of your claim as soon as possible helps us speed up the claims process to get you back on your feet sooner.
Most importantly, we’d like to ensure the safety of you and your family is paramount. It’s important that you follow the advice of local authorities and see here for useful content surrounding preparing for a bushfire, staying safe during a bushfire, and safely returning to your home after a bushfire.
- In an emergency dial 000
- Always follow the advice and direction of emergency services
- If you’re in urgent need of ‘make safe’ repairs, temporary accommodation or emergency cash payments, please contact us straight away
- Return to your property only when the authorities deem it safe
- Take photographs or videos of any damage to help our assessors with your claim
- Discard any damaged goods that may pose a health-risk. Don’t forget to take photographs and, if safe to do so, keep a sample of the material to show our assessors
- Be aware of scammers offering assistance with claims or repairs. Always contact us first to ensure the works are authorised by a reputable company that guarantees its work. See here for more information.
- It’s ok if you don’t know your policy details when you contact us; with your name and address we’ll find it for you.
We cover fire damage, including for bushfire, under the following policies:
- Home building
- Home contents
- Motor vehicle
How to claim
If you’re insured directly with QBE, call us on 133 QBE (133 723) and press 2 for Claims.
If you bought your policy from an intermediary or your financial institution, contact them to make your claim.
For the latest information on bushfires around Australia, please listen to local radio and monitor information from the below sources.
New South Wales
NSW Government Emergency Services
NSW Rural Fire Service (RFS)
Fire and Rescue New South Wales
New South Wales State Emergency Service (SES)
New South Wales Police Force
VIC Government Emergency Services
Country Fire Authority (CFA)
Metropolitan Fire Brigade (MFB)
Victoria State Emergency Service (SES)
Victoria Police Force
Queensland Government Emergency Services
QLD Rural Fire Service
QLD Fire and Emergency Services (QFES)
Queensland State Emergency Service (SES)
Queensland Police Force
South Australia Government Emergency Services
South Australian Country Fire Service (CFS)
South Australian Metropolitan Fire Service
South Australian State Emergency Service (SES)
South Australia Police Force
Western Australia Government Emergency Services
Department of Fire and Emergency Services Western Australia (DFES)
Western Australia State Emergency Service (SES)
Western Australia Police Force
Tasmania Government Emergency Services
Tasmania Fire Service (TFS)
Tasmania State Emergency Service (SES)
Tasmania Police Force
Northern Territory Government Emergency Services
NT Fire and Rescue Service
Northern Territory State Emergency Service (SES)
Australian Capital Territory
ACT Government Emergency Services
ACT Rural Fire Service
ACT Fire & Rescue
ACT State Emergency Services (SES)