Information for our customers affected by storms and hail
We’re working hard to support our customers affected by severe storms across Australia, with hail, flash flooding, strong winds and extensive rainfall causing damage to homes, businesses and communities.
We have additional team members ready to take your calls and lodge claims. If you need to make a claim, please contact us as soon as you’re safe and able to do so, particularly if you’re in urgent need of any ‘make safe’ repairs or temporary accommodation. Our specialist hail repairer partner, Action Smart Group, will be stationed in hailstorm-affected areas to assess and repair damaged motor vehicles.
How to claim
If you’re insured directly with QBE, call us on 133 QBE (133 723) and press 2 for Claims.
If you bought your policy from an intermediary or your financial institution, contact them to make your claim.
Most importantly, we want you and your family to be safe so it’s important that you follow the advice of local authorities. We’ve put together some useful content about preparing for a storm, staying safe during a storm, and safely returning to your home after a storm. See here for useful information around what to do if your car is damaged in a hailstorm.
- Always follow the advice and direction of emergency services
- Never try to drive through flood-affected areas
- Be cautious around electrical items that may have been affected by water, especially fallen power lines which may still be live
- Never drive a vehicle you believe may be unsafe, particularly if its windscreen is smashed, its indicators damaged, or it has been waterlogged
- If you’re in urgent need of ‘make safe’ repairs, temporary accommodation or emergency cash payments, please contact us straight away
- Take photographs or videos of any damage to support your claim and speed up claim processing time
- Discard any damaged goods that may pose a health-risk. Don’t forget to take photographs and, if safe to do so, keep a sample of the material to support your claim
- Be aware of scammers offering assistance with claims or repairs. Always contact us first to ensure the works are authorised by a reputable company that guarantees its work. See here for more information.
- It’s ok if you don’t know your policy details when you contact us; with your name and address we’ll find it for you.
We cover storm and hail damage under the following policies:
- Home building
- Home contents
- Motor vehicle
- Pleasure craft
For the latest information on emerging and current weather conditions across Australia, please listen to the local radio and monitor information from the emergency sources listed on our Catastrophe hub.