Affected by the QLD hailstorms and need assistance?
Information for our customers affected by the Queensland hailstorms
With dangerous and destructive hailstorms affecting areas of South East Queensland on Sunday, we’re working hard to support our customers as quickly as possible.
We have additional team members ready to take your calls and lodge claims and have mobilised our assessors and tradespeople. Our specialist hail repairer partner, Action Smart Group, is in place to assess and repair damaged motor vehicles.
If you need to make a claim, please contact us as soon as you’re safe and able to do so, particularly if you’re in urgent need of any ‘make safe’ repairs or temporary accommodation.
We hope everyone is safe and unharmed and please see here for useful information around what to do if your car is damaged in a hailstorm.
- Always follow the advice and direction of emergency services
- Never drive a vehicle you believe to be unsafe, particularly if the windscreen is smashed or the indicators are damaged
- Take photographs or videos of any damage to support your claim and speed up the processing time
- Discard of any damaged goods that may pose a health-risk. Don’t forget to take photographs and keep a sample of the material to support your claim
- Be aware of scammers offering assistance with claims or repairs. Always contact us first to ensure the works are authorised by a reputable company that provides a lifetime guarantee
We cover hailstorm damage under the following policies:
- Home building
- Home contents
- Motor vehicle
- Pleasure craft
How to claim
If you’re insured directly with QBE, call us on 133 QBE (133 723) and press 2 for Claims.
If you bought your policy from an intermediary or your financial institution, contact them to make your claim.
It’s ok if you don’t know your policy details when you contact us; with your name and address we’ll find it for you.
For the latest information on the hailstorms in Queensland, please listen to the local radio and monitor information from the below sources.
Bureau of Meteorology
QLD Fire and Emergency Services (QFES)
QLD Rural Fire Service
Queensland Police Force