Information for our hailstorm-affected customers in Queensland
We’re working hard to support our customers in Queensland affected by severe hailstorms.
We have additional team members ready to take your calls and lodge claims in the aftermath of a hailstorm. If you need to make a claim, please contact us as soon as you’re safe and able to do so, particularly if you’re in urgent need of any ‘make safe’ repairs or temporary accommodation.
How to claim
If you’re insured directly with QBE, call us on 133 QBE (133 723) and press 2 for Claims.
If you bought your policy from an intermediary or your financial institution, contact them to make your claim.
Our specialist hail repairer partner, Action Smart Group, will be stationed in the hailstorm-affected area to assess and repair damaged motor vehicles. We’ve also put together this useful information around what to do if your car is damaged in a hailstorm.
- Always follow the advice and direction of emergency services
- Never drive a vehicle you believe may be unsafe, particularly if its windscreen is smashed, its indicators damaged, or it has been waterlogged
- Take photographs or videos of any damage to support your claim and speed up claim processing time
- Discard any damaged goods that may pose a health-risk. Don’t forget to take photographs and, if safe to do so, keep a sample of the material to support your claim
- Be aware of scammers offering assistance with claims or repairs. Always contact us first to ensure the works are authorised by a reputable company that guarantees its work. See here for more information
- It’s ok if you don’t know your policy details when you contact us; with your name and address we’ll find it for you.
We cover hailstorm damage under the following policies:
- Home building
- Home contents
- Motor vehicle
- Pleasure craft
For the latest information on emerging and current weather conditions across Australia, please listen to the local radio and monitor information from the emergency sources listed on our Catastrophe hub.