Information for our customers affected by the Eastern Victoria bushfires

With the recent bushfires in Victoria’s east causing significant damage, we’re working hard to support our customers as quickly as possible.

If you need to make a claim due to bushfire damage, please contact us as soon as you’re safe and able to do so. We’ll confirm your cover and start any assessment process. 

While our assessors and tradespeople can’t enter affected areas until emergency services declare it safe to do so, notifying us of your claim as soon as possible helps us speed up the claims process to get you back on your feet sooner. 

We’d like to refer you to some useful content surrounding staying safe during a bushfire and safely returning to your home after a bushfire.

Please remember

  • In an emergency dial 000
  • Always follow the advice and direction of emergency services

Fire cover

We cover fire damage, including for bushfire, under the following policies:

  • Home building
  • Home contents
  • Farm
  • Commercial
  • Motor vehicle
  • Motorcycle
  • Caravan

How to claim

If you’re insured directly with QBE, call us on 133 QBE (133 723) and press 2 for Claims.

If you bought your policy from an intermediary or your financial institution, contact them to make your claim.

It’s ok if you don’t know your policy details when you contact us; with your name and address we’ll find it for you.

Current warnings

For the latest information on the weather and warnings in Eastern Victoria, please listen to local radio and monitor information from the below sources. 

Bureau of Meteorology
Twitter - @BOM_au

Victoria SES Emergency Services

Victoria State Emergency Service
132 500
Twitter – @vicsesnews
Facebeook – 

Victoria Police Force
Twitter – @VictoriaPolice
Facebook - 

Victoria Fire and Rescue 
Facebook –