Service Arrangements for Novel Coronavirus
We’re working hard to support our customers whose travel plans are affected by the recent outbreak of the novel coronavirus and to those who require further assistance when caught in an unfortunate circumstance.
QBE Hong Kong has put in place the following to help our customers during this critical period:
- Special arrangement has been made to allow our policyholders to change their original travel period to another within the next 6 months for the same destination and same duration of the insurance coverage, at no additional cost;
- In the event of any involuntary delay, we will extend a free 10-day coverage extension to your travel policy;
- For travels on or after 31 January 2020, medical expenses will be covered, provided the travel is not to areas issued with travel warning by the World Health Organisation (WHO) or the Hong Kong government.
Some important notes in the event you need to make a claim:
- Please keep all relevant receipts and documents for expenses related to claims, including but not limited to medical expenses; ;
- Where expenses can be refunded by the provider this should be pursued in the first instance, with non-refundable expenses covered subject to the terms and conditions of your policy.
Insurance coverage for claims other than Novel Coronavirus Infection remains effective as per policy terms and conditions.
Most importantly, we want you and your family to be safe so it’s important that you follow the advice of local authorities. We’ve also put together some Frequently Asked Questions to help with your travel insurance enquiries relating to the novel coronavirus:
As the circumstance is changing from time to time, we recommend you to refer to this announcement and the Frequently Asked Questions for our updates if any.