QBE supported charities
2021 QBE Foundation “Insuring Impact” Grant Recipients
In 2021, QBE North America is focusing its philanthropic efforts and teaming up with two Cornerstone partners to make a deep impact on helping to nourish communities and make them more resilient overtime.
- Feeding America, the nation's largest domestic hunger-relief organization will receive a $250,000 grant.
"Ending hunger in the United States requires an all-hands-on-deck approach," said Lauren Biedron, Vice President of Corporate Partnerships at Feeding America. "We are grateful for QBE North America’s increased commitment this year when the communities we help serve need it most."
- Leading Cities, a nonprofit dedicated to make cities more resilient by sourcing, funding and connecting start-ups solving challenges faced by cities through an accelerator program and public private partnerships will receive $325,000 in funding.
“Cities are facing a global pandemic, sea level rise, and increased urbanization. Through the QBE AcceliCITY Resilience Challenge, QBE has been a global leader and partner to identify and accelerate the adoption of innovative solutions to increase environmental, infrastructure, and human resiliency in cities,” said Michael Lake, President and CEO of Leading Cities.
Large Grant Partners
The company has also named six large grant partners for the year in alignment with its focus.
- The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
- Equal Justice Initiative works to end mass incarceration, excessive punishment, and racial inequality.
- Future Farmers of America is the premier youth organization preparing members for leadership and careers in the science, business and technology of agriculture.
- ImpactAssets a donor advised fund - allocated for investment into Iroquois Valley Farmland REIT.
- Tech Goes Home empowers communities to access and use digital tools to overcome barriers and advance lives.
- Wounded Warrior Project makes life-changing differences for warriors and their families when transitioning to civilian life.