“Insuring Impact”—QBE North America announces 2021 grants program
NEW YORK, January 20, 2021 – QBE North America is proud to announce “Insuring Impact”—it’s 2021 QBE Foundation grant-giving program, which focuses on helping local communities build resilience, reduce inequalities and fight climate change.
“Together the devastating effects of COVID-19, natural disasters, and social injustice emphasize a critical need for increased community support,” said Todd Jones, CEO of QBE North America and President of the QBE Foundation. “’Insuring Impact’ exemplifies our dedication to create meaningful change and provide needed resources to help people and communities successfully achieve their ambitions.”
The North America QBE Foundation strategy is aligned to a group-wide commitment to the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) with a concentration on SDG 10: Reduced Inequalities; SDG 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities and SDG 13: Climate Action. The activities of the QBE Foundation combine its larger charitable partnerships, with local grants, employee volunteering, matching donations and in-kind giving to maximize impact.
Jones continued, “As an insurance company, we are uniquely placed to assist people in their times of need and our QBE Foundation initiatives reflect this.”
2021 QBE Foundation “Insuring Impact” Grant Recipients
In 2021, QBE North America is focusing its philanthropic efforts and teaming up with two Cornerstone partners to make a deep impact on helping to nourish communities and make them more resilient overtime.
- Feeding America, the nation's largest domestic hunger-relief organization will receive a $250,000 grant.
"Ending hunger in the United States requires an all-hands-on-deck approach," said Lauren Biedron, Vice President of Corporate Partnerships at Feeding America. "We are grateful for QBE North America’s increased commitment this year when the communities we help serve need it most."
- Leading Cities, a nonprofit dedicated to make cities more resilient by sourcing, funding and connecting start-ups solving challenges faced by cities through an accelerator program and public private partnerships will receive $325,000 in funding.
“Cities are facing a global pandemic, sea level rise, and increased urbanization. Through the QBE AcceliCITY Resilience Challenge, QBE has been a global leader and partner to identify and accelerate the adoption of innovative solutions to increase environmental, infrastructure, and human resiliency in cities,” said Michael Lake, President and CEO of Leading Cities.
Large Grant Partners
The company has also named six large grant partners for the year in alignment with its focus.
- The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
- Equal Justice Initiative works to end mass incarceration, excessive punishment, and racial inequality.
- Future Farmers of America is the premier youth organization preparing members for leadership and careers in the science, business and technology of agriculture.
- ImpactAssets a donor advised fund - allocated for investment into Iroquois Valley Farmland REIT.
- Tech Goes Home empowers communities to access and use digital tools to overcome barriers and advance lives.
- Wounded Warrior Project makes life-changing differences for warriors and their families when transitioning to civilian life.
QBE North America is global insurance leader focused on helping customers solve unique risks, so they can focus on what matters the most. Part of QBE Insurance Group Limited, QBE North America reported Gross Written Premiums in 2019 of $4.6 billion. QBE Insurance Group's 2019 results can be found at www.qbe.com. Headquartered in Sydney, Australia, QBE operates out of 27 countries around the globe, with a presence in every key insurance market. The North America division, headquartered in New York, conducts business through its property and casualty insurance subsidiaries. The actual terms and coverage for all lines of business are subject to the language of the policies as issued. QBE insurance companies are rated "A" (Excellent) by A.M. Best and "A+" by Standard & Poor's. Additional information can be found at www.qbe.com/us, or follow QBE North America on Twitter.
Media Contact: Amy Banek, firstname.lastname@example.org