Present in the Pacific region since 1887, QBE has built a reputation for underwriting expertise and a track record of strong commitment to the six markets where we operate as well as strong relationships within the insurance industry.
With robust knowledge of local risks, backed by our regional specialist expertise and complemented by strategic alliances with our intermediaries, the QBE teams are well positioned to deliver real value to our clients.
We offer a wide choice of insurance products for a large range of businesses and work closely with our brokers to understand the risks individual clients are facing and deliver tailored insurance solutions. We also provide standardised personal insurance products.
QBE teams use their technical experience to provide flexible solutions and make quick decisions at the local level for the benefit of both intermediaries and clients.
Papua New Guinea
- QBE acquires Mitsui Sumitomo in Papua New Guinea
- QBE Papua New Guinea receives the Good Corporate Citizenship Award from the Department of Labour and Industrial Relations
- QBE acquires the general insurance business of AFA Limited in Vanuatu
- Our operation in New Caledonia, QBE’s first outpost in the Pacific region, celebrates its 125th anniversary
- Queensland Insurance (Fiji) Limited rebrands to QBE Insurance (Fiji) Limited
- QBE acquires the Zurich Pacific Insurance Company in Papua New Guinea
- QBE acquires the General Accident Insurance portfolio in Papua New Guinea
- QBE Insurance (International) establishes a branch office in New Caledonia
- QBE Insurance (International) acquires Zurich Australian Company Limited in Solomon Islands and sets up a branch office
- QBE Insurance (International) establishes a branch office in French Polynesia
- The branch office in Vanuatu becomes a locally incorporated company: QBE Insurance (Vanuatu) Limited
- Queensland Insurance (Fiji) Limited forms, as a subsidiary of QBE
- QBE cements its nearly half a century presence in Vanuatu by opening a branch office in Port Vila
- QBE enters the French Polynesia market via an agency
- QBE enters Vanuatu market
- QBE enters the Fiji and Papua New Guinea markets through local agencies
- QBE establishes a presence in New Caledonia through a marine agency of the North Queensland Insurance Company in Noumea