Commercial Property claims tips

The following information will assist in your claims reporting process.

  • Your QBE policy number - it is best to have your policy number available when you call QBE directly
  • Details of the incident, including cause and any damage or loss to building and contents

Emergency Escalation

When you have a severe loss and need immediate assistance from a QBE Claim Professional your loss will be escalated to a QBE Claim Professional who will call you back within approximately 1-2 hours. We can help arrange temporary living or other loss mitigation services that may be necessary.

Loss mitigation

It is your responsibility to take any immediate actions needed to prevent further loss or damage, and ensure the safety of you and those around you. Keep receipts for any expenditures as these costs may be covered under your policy.

Water damage mitigation

You are responsible for protecting your property from further damage. When you report your loss and you indicate that there is water damage to your home resulting from a covered cause of loss, you may be referred to QBE's loss mitigation vendor. They will call you shortly after your loss is reported to determine if they can send someone to assist you with cleaning up water, or to begin the dry out process, in order to prevent further damage.

Learn more