You may have to prove you've suffered a loss covered by your policy before we pay for it. If you make a claim under your policy, we may ask for one or more of the following:
- Credit card or bank statements
- Purchase receipts
- Instruction manuals or handbooks included with the purchased items
- Guarantee or warranty certificates
- Photographs or videos of the item/s
Any other documentation you may have to prove ownership and/or damage
The applicable coverage deductible will be subtracted from the damage estimate of the covered repairs. If the damage amount is less than your deductible, you will be responsible for the cost of the repairs.
- Yes, you may choose your own contractor to make repairs. However, it may be necessary to arrange for an independent estimate of the cost of repairs.
- In some territories, QBE can offer to refer a contractor from our Contractor Repair Program. Ask your QBE Claim Professional to learn more.