You may have to prove you've suffered a loss covered by your policy before we pay for it. If you make a claim under your policy, we may ask for one of the following:
- Credit card or bank statements
- Purchase receipts
- Instruction manuals or handbooks included with the purchased items
- Guarantee or warranty certificates
- Photographs or videos of the items
- You have the freedom to choose your own contractor to make repairs. To locate a reputable contractor you feel comfortable with, you may find neighbor recommendations, online contractor review services and the Better Business Bureau helpful.
- While the contractor will estimate the cost of repairs, it may be necessary to arrange for an independent estimate, as well.
- In some geographic areas, QBE can offer to refer a contractor from our Contractor Repair Program. Ask your QBE Claims Professional to learn more about this optional program.
Yes. If you discover more damage prior to repairs commencing or disagree with the settlement, please contact your Claims Professional as soon as possible and before any additional, non-approved repairs begin. It may be necessary to send out an independent adjuster to inspect the damage.