Australian Credit Licence No. 393812
Complaints or disputes for other matters
At QBE LMI we value our customers and other people that we deal with. If you are unhappy with our service or have a complaint, we would like to know about it.
If you are a borrower or guarantor and you are unhappy with a service that relates to the provision of lenders’ mortgage insurance to your lender, we ask that you contact your lender in the first instance.
If you have a business relationship with QBE LMI, we ask you to contact us and speak with either the person who normally handles your business relationship, or that person’s manager. In most instances they should be able to resolve your complaint for you. When you let us know about a complaint, we will acknowledge the complaint within 3 business days and will usually provide you with our business manager’s response within 15 business days.
If you remain dissatisfied, you may seek an internal independent review by our Customer Care Unit
GPO Box 219
Parramatta NSW 2124
Tel: 1300 650 503
Fax: (02) 8227 8594
What happens next?
• Where appropriate, our Customer Care Unit (CCU) will refer your complaint to a manager in the relevant team for resolution within five business days
• If the manager can’t resolve your complaint, the CCU will review the matter – they have 15 business days to complete their review
• Should the CCU be unable to resolve your complaint, they’ll escalate it for an Internal Dispute Resolution review by a Dispute Resolution Specialist.
Our Dispute Resolution Specialist will:
• Confirm receipt of your escalated complaint by phone, email or by letter within three business days
• Review your complaint
• Update you every 10 business days on the progress of the review
• Deliver a final decision within 15 business days, providing they’ve received all the necessary information
• Make contact to discuss a new deadline if they need extra time to complete their investigations
• Advise you of the next steps if you’re unhappy with our final decision. This may include providing you with details of relevant external dispute resolution schemes, such as the Australian Financial Complaints Authority.
You may lodge a dispute with the Australia Financial Complaints Authority
Phone: 1800 931 678 (free call)1
Mail: Australian Financial Complaints Authority
GPO Box 3, Melbourne VIC 3001
For more on our complaints process, see our Complaints and Dispute Brochure.