Gain access to specialist marine cargo, hull and liability cover
QBE has been providing insurance protection to the marine industry for more than 100 years. Our international capabilities and capacities as a global insurance group combined with extensive local knowledge, has made us a leader in providing marine insurance.
The benefits of QBE Marine Insurance include:
- global marine cargo expertise that may not be readily available in the local market
- significant capacity in all marine products that enables us to provide local solutions for most risks, including those that are too large for other insurers
- significant in-house experience and knowledge across a range of marine hull and liability covers which offers a valuable source of information for intermediaries in a complex market
In the Pacific region, we have built a QBE Marine Risks Network that offers Marine Cargo, Hull and Liability covers in selected markets. Our clients benefit from the local QBE teams' solid understanding of the specific risks as well as our regional technical experience, access to international resources and valuable risk management support. Our specialist marine insurance underwriters are committed to providing flexible, tailored responses to satisfy the needs of shipbuilders, ship repairers, vessel owners, traders, importers and exporters, and associated marine-related services across the region.
The delivery of your goods to their final destination faces several inherent risks, whether by road, sea, rail, and/or air. These risks are compounded by the potential of having to use multiple carriers and the possible need for warehousing. Unfortunately, accidents happen and the cost of salvaging or saving your goods can be very high.
Whatever your cargo, wherever the destination and however complex the transit arrangements, our experienced specialists in QBE Pacific can tailor a cover to help meet your needs, including:
- Marine Cargo for Annual and Open Cover
- Personal Effects Cover for household and personal effects in transit
Commercial vessels are also subject to many perils at sea, potentially making marine insurance very complicated. QBE’s Marine Hull Insurance offers hull and machinery cover that keeps the vessel sailing.
The potential for liability is quite high for companies in the maritime sector. QBE’s Marine Liability Insurance is available either on a stand-alone basis or written in conjunction with Hull risks. The range of products available to our clients includes:
- Charterers’ Liability
- Freight Forwarders’ Liability
- Marina Operators’ Liability
- Port and Terminal Operators’ Liability
- Carriers’ Liability
- Ship Repairers’ Liability
- Cargo Handling and Transportation Liability
- Protection and Indemnity
The above only serves as a general description of our products and services in some of our Pacific operations. Please note that not all the products are offered in all markets. For full product details and coverage or to check on the product availability in your market, please contact your local insurance broker or a QBE authorised agent.