How it works
Thanks for your interest in QBE’s social media platforms - we’ve created them for you to enjoy and we welcome your contribution. By using our social media platforms, you agree to abide by the following house rules. These rules are designed to ensure this a positive space where all our customers, followers and visitors can engage in safe, fair, on-topic discussion. What you see on QBE’s social media does not reflect QBE’s opinions.
- Do not post any offensive or false material - Any posts containing or meant to be offensive, threatening, harassing, disruptive, disrespectful, insulting, illegal, obscene, defamatory, hateful, false, discriminatory, culturally, racially or socially insensitive and/or violent language or similar content will not be tolerated. Similarly, do not post or link to any sexually explicit material or engage in link baiting (embedding links to draw users to another site).
- Do not post any harmful content - This includes any links to, or files or websites that contain harmful viruses.
- Do not post any unlawful, misleading, infringing or personal content - We reserve the right to remove any posts that contain misleading, inaccurate, inappropriate or personal information about QBE, our people or our products. Similarly, do not post any content that infringes on someone else’s intellectual property or privacy right, or would otherwise violate any applicable law and regulation.
- Do not spam, troll or post excessively repetitive messages - Please refrain from posting anything that contains spam (i.e. off-topic messages that promote or endorse other products or services), aims to troll (i.e. to provoke or incite disruption and argument) or is excessively repetitive, including complaints that have previously been responded to.
If anything you post breaches the above rules, in our sole discretion we reserve the right to delete the content and you may lose your right to participate on QBE’s social media platforms. QBE reserves the right to block any offenders from the page.
If you have a complaint, feedback or compliment, please contact: email@example.com
We may update the House Rules at any time without notice.
Last updated 19 July 2023
The terms "QBE", “we", "us" and "our" refer to QBE Insurance Group Limited, ABN 28 008 485 014. We are an Australian insurance company regulated by the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA). The terms "User", "you" and "your" refer to the social media user.
Other QBE owned and/or managed social media platforms for other jurisdictions operate under applicable local terms.
You are fully responsible for the content of all material that you contribute to QBE social media, including text, images, photos, and videos (Material). QBE shall not be liable in any way for such Material to the full extent permitted by law and shall not be deemed or considered to in any way authorise, endorse, approve, or support any Material submitted by any User.
You must ensure that:
- Your Material was created by you and that you own all intellectual property rights in it.
- You have obtained full prior consent from any person who has jointly created or has any rights in the Material, to the uses and terms here in.
- Your Material complies with the House Rules above.
- If your Material contains images (such as photographs or videos) you have obtained the consent of any person featured or identifiable in the images before contributing that Material to QBE’s social media.
- When contributing to QBE’s social media you have not impersonated any other person. You have not used QBE’s social media in a manner which adversely affects the use of enjoyment by any person of QBE’s social media.
You will continue to own the intellectual property rights in your Material. You give QBE irrevocable permission to use your Material in any way (including changing, adapting, reproducing, or communicating your Material to the public; including but not limited to, company brochures and other marketing and/or advertising material) without charge and without any right of attribution to you and to allow others to use it in the same way.
At any time and in its sole discretion and without notice to you, QBE may refuse to include your Material in QBE’s social media, remove all or part of your Material from QBE’s social media, or terminate one or more of QBE’s social media platforms or your access to them.
3. No advice given
Please remember all statements made by QBE should be considered general information only. QBE’s social media does not purport to provide you with financial product or investment advice of any kind. The information available via QBE’s social media does not take account of your financial or insurance position or requirements. QBE suggests you seek independent professional advice before acting upon QBE’s social media content or any information found on a Third Party site.
4. Third party websites/social accounts
- QBE’s social media may contain links to other websites or social media sites owned by third parties that are independent of QBE (Third Party Sites), including links to information about special offers, deals or promotions by people who are not associated with QBE (Third Party Offers). QBE does not sponsor, endorse or approve the operation of Third Party Site or any Third Party Material including services, information, graphics, or data in connection with Third Party Offers.
- Except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law, QBE makes no guarantees, warranties or representations regarding any material or services and information available through Third Party Sites.
- QBE is not authorising the reproduction of Third Party Material by linking QBE’s social media content to Third Party Material.
5. "Cookies" and targeted advertising
6. Privacy and collection of information
For security purposes, we may request that you provide your contact information, an overview of your inquiry and account name when communicating with you via private message or direct message.
7. Limitation of liability and indemnity
- Inclusion of your Material on QBE’s social media does not indicate any approval of your Material by QBE, its suppliers, or commercial partners. QBE does not endorse, approve, or authorise any material (including your Material) on its social media.
- Subject to any responsibilities implied by law and which cannot be excluded, QBE, and its directors, employees, agents, contractors and related bodies corporate, are not liable to you for any losses, damages, liabilities, claims and expenses (including but not limited to legal costs and defence or settlement costs) whatsoever, whether direct, indirect or consequential, arising out of or referable to QBE’s social media content, User Material, Third Party Material, third party services, or to access (or lack of access) to QBE social media by you, howsoever caused, whether in contract, tort including negligence, statute or otherwise.
8. Contact us