Customised insurance for SME companies
The QBE Business Insurance Solution provides small- to medium-sized commercial, retail and industrial clients with broad financial protection against a variety of risks under a comprehensive insurance package.
QBE Business Insurance Solution is specifically targeted at the following:
- Any business with a turnover up to S$25 million and up to 200 employees
QBE Business Insurance Solution provides multi-cover for:
- Property All Risks for loss or damage to Building, Contents, Stocks and Machinery and Plant
- Business Interruption for loss of profit/revenue, increased cost of workings and weekly benefits
- Public and Products Liability for legal liability to public
- Miscellaneous Property for property in Singapore or worldwide
- Machinery Breakdown and Electronic Equipment for damage to machinery and electronic equipment
- Money for loss of money in premises or in transit
- Work Injury Compensation as per legislation for death, bodily injury to employees
- Fidelity Guarantee for loss of money/goods by fraudulent or dishonest acts of employees
- Group Personal Accident for Death and Permanent Disablement, Temporary Disablement and Medical expenses
- Inland Transit for loss or damage to goods in transit
All companies are unique in their operation, QBE has developed the Office, Retail and Spa & Beauty package that can be tailored to match your specific needs and budget.
Policy Owners’ Protection Scheme
This policy is protected under the Policy Owners’ Protection Scheme which is administered by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation (SDIC). Coverage for your policy is automatic and no further action is required from you. For more information on the types of benefits that are covered under the scheme as well as the limits of coverage, where applicable, please contact QBE Insurance (Singapore) Pte Ltd or visit the GIA/LIA or SDIC websites (www.gia.org.sg or www.lia.org.sg or www.sdic.org.sg).
SME Pulse Report
According to a research conducted by QBE Singapore, 69 per cent of Singapore's SMEs ran into at least one business issue in 2019.
The research also found that:
- 69% of SMEs ran into at least one business issue in 2019
- 55% of SMEs are expecting sales to stay the same or decrease in H1 2020
- 62% of SMEs indicated that many other things come before insurance in the priorities for their business
Our research has made one thing clear: more needs to be done to educate SMEs around the different business protection products that are available to them and which they can stand to benefit from.
Business protection – especially liability insurance – gives businesses long-term peace of mind to continue operating without the threat of unfortunate eventualities crippling their plans.
Do note this survey was conducted prior to the global spread of COVID-19. As such, SME sentiments reflected on this page and in the report do not account for the evolving situation resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic.
How to use this report
The report brings together the results of our SME survey that was conducted with 400 Small, Medium and Large Enterprises in Singapore over a three-month period spanning Q3 and Q4 2019.
The survey highlights SME sentiments around business concerns and the economy, while identifying and highlighting the current gaps in insurance coverage among SMEs that could be detrimental to their long-term growth.
SMEs and Insurance: A pulse check on risk trends for businesses makes a compelling case for keeping business insurance up to date and can be of use to insurance intermediaries and business owners for starting open and frank conversations about having the right cover.
2019 SME Research Findings
The above only serves as a general description of our products and services. For full product details and coverage, please check with your local insurance broker or a QBE authorised agent.