Important news on employment scams
QBE would like to make all job seekers aware of employment scams. These scams involve unscrupulous people misrepresenting themselves as being associated with a particular company in an effort to extort money or personal information from unsuspecting individuals. Sometimes this involves the use of company names and logos in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees.
We are job seekers to note that:
- QBE does not make offers of employment via social media networks.
- QBE never asks for any money or payments from applicants at any point in the recruitment process, nor would we ask a job seeker to purchase IT or other equipment on our behalf
- All communication with applicants must come from a verifiable QBE email address and not from an Internet address such as Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail etc.
- Job vacancies in QBE are advertised on the company's online job page, as well as the company’s LinkedIn site, and seek.com.au
- Where vacancies exist, candidates are normally required to apply online solely through our dedicated secured network on our job website and through no other website.
If you receive a fraudulent employment request, save the message and send to your local law enforcement agency. You may also contact us at email@example.com
More information on employment scams is available at the following websites: