We achieve an inclusive and performance-based culture
Our QBE DNA
At QBE we know culture isn’t static. We are continually focused on building a workplace culture that best supports our people and represents our business and the world around us. An integral part of this work is to foster an environment where everyone feels safe to speak up, where we embrace diversity in every aspect, and where there is a balanced emphasis not just on what we do but also how we go about doing it.
Our culture is underpinned by our QBE DNA – seven interlinking elements that describe who we are and how we operate. When we show up for ourselves, each other and our stakeholders, we are …
- We are customer-focused – we put ourselves in our customers' shoes
- We are technical experts – we are experts at what we do
- We are inclusive – we value different points of view and experiences
- We are fast-paced – we have a sense of urgency
- We are courageous – we speak openly and have the support to do so
- We are accountable – we deliver on our promises
- We are a team – we are at our best when we are working together and building on our strengths
Inclusion of Diversity
People are at the heart of our business and bring their own diverse perspectives and lived experiences to work. To realise the benefits of all the ways we are different, we seek to create an environment where everyone is and feels they are included.
Our approach to Inclusion of Diversity sets out our expectations for how we interact with each other, and our aspiration to be a positive influence for the inclusion of diversity beyond the boundaries of the organisation.
At QBE, we have a broad view of diversity that includes all the ways people are visibly and invisibly different. This definition encompasses all demographic characteristics of diversity including gender and gender identity, race, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marriage, pregnancy, and parental/caring responsibilities. We go beneath what’s visible too, to include all the deeper ways we are diverse including values, experiences, perspectives, expertise, knowledge and ideas.
We are proud to be recognised for creating an inclusive and diverse workforce:
- Stonewall 2022 Workplace Equity Index (QBE Europe)
- Gold Employer status for 2019, 2020 & 2021 by the Australian Workplace Equality Index
- Insurance Business America 2022 5-star carrier for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (QBE North America)
Our goal of inclusion and alignment to community extends to internal groups that celebrate diversity in its many forms (including diversity of thought) and help employees broaden their perspectives by expanding their network within QBE. Our employee networks (local and global) include:
- QBE Pride
- MIX – Multicultural & Inclusive eXtension
- VALOR – Veterans
- WIN – Women's Initiative Network
- Q4S – QBE for Sustainability
- Bunji – Indigenous Inclusion
- Open Mind – Mental Health Network
- Workability – a network to celebrate and raise awareness of people with disabilities