At QBE, our people are passionate, talented and kind, and we know they are at the centre of our success. It’s important to us that we create a place where everyone feels they belong.
We are continually focused on building a workplace culture that supports our people and represents our business and the world around us. An integral part of this work is to foster an environment where everyone feels safe to speak up, where we are inclusive of diversity in every aspect, and where there is a balanced emphasis not just on what we do but also how we go about doing it.
Our DNA shapes who we are
Our QBE DNA provides us with a common language to create a genuine, welcoming, kind, and supportive workplace. The seven interlinking elements of our DNA describe who we are and how we operate, and when we come together, we are:
- Customer-focused – We proactively listen with empathy to guide how we meet customer needs and have an impact
- Technical experts – We build and share our expertise, striving for excellence and knowing hen to ask for guidance
- Inclusive – We treat each other with respect and fairness, and value diverse perspectives
- Fast - paced – We move with pace, adapting with our purpose and future in mind
- Courageous – We act with integrity and challenge the status quo, feeling safe to speak up and experiment with new ideas
- Accountable – We take ownership and follow through to deliver, managing risks and learning from mistakes
- A team – We support each other and collaborate widely to achieve common goals, knowing we are stronger together
Inclusion of Diversity
People are at the heart of our business and bring their own diverse perspectives and lived experiences to work. We have a broad view of diversity that includes all the ways people are visibly and invisibly different, which includes values, experiences, perspectives, expertise, knowledge and ideas. Diversity isn’t a tick in the box for us, it’s a part of who we are.
To achieve a sustainable and resilient workforce and realise the benefits of all the ways we are different, we seek to create an environment where everyone is and feels they are included. We take an industry-leading approach to how we set targets to achieve this. We measure a sense of belonging across the diversity dimensions of gender, race and ethnicity, disability status, and LGBTIQ+ identification. Our aim is to give all our people an equal sense of belonging, no matter how they identify themselves.
We are proud to be recognised for creating an inclusive and diverse workforce, which includes:
- Bloomberg Gender Equality Index 2018 – 2023 (global)
- Equileap Top 100 for Gender Equality (global)
- Stonewall 2022 Workplace Equity Index (QBE Europe)
- Gold Employer status for 2019, 2020 & 2021 by the Australian Workplace Equality Index (QBE Australia Pacific)
- Insurance Business America 2022 5-star carrier for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (QBE North America)
Our goal of inclusion and alignment to community extends to internal groups that celebrate diversity in its many forms (including diversity of thought) and help employees broaden their perspectives by expanding their network within QBE.