This policy applies to the following entities:
Blue Ridge Indemnity Company
General Casualty Company of Wisconsin
General Casualty Insurance Company
Hoosier Insurance Company
National Farmers Union Property and Casualty Company
NAU Country Insurance Company
North Pointe Insurance Company
Praetorian Insurance Company
QBE Americas, Inc.
QBE Insurance Corporation
QBE Reinsurance Corporation
QBE Specialty Insurance Company
Regent Insurance Company
Southern Fire & Casualty Company
Stonington Insurance Company
Southern Pilot Insurance Company
Unigard Indemnity Company
Unigard Insurance Company
Westwood Insurance Agency
We maintain policies that protect the confidentiality of Personal Information, including Social Security numbers, obtained from our customers and employees in the course of our regular business functions. We are committed to protecting the Personal Information of our customers and employees and have implemented physical, technical and administrative safeguards to protect such information.
Personal Information is information that is capable of being associated with an individual through one or more identifiers including, but not limited to, a Social Security number, a driver’s license number, a state identification card number, an account number, a credit or debit card number, a passport number, an alien registration number, or a health insurance identification number. Personal Information does not include publicly available information that is lawfully made available to the general public from federal, state or local government records or widely distributed media.
- Our internal policies and procedures impose a number of standards to:
- safeguard the confidentiality of Personal Information, including Social Security numbers;
- prohibit the unlawful disclosure of Social Security numbers, and
- limit access to Social Security numbers.
- We will not request a Social Security number unless the number is needed to comply with federal or state law, or where required to administer or enforce a transaction.
- We will not use or share Social Security numbers or Personal Information with third parties unless there is a legitimate business “need to know” in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Records containing Social Security numbers must be stored, transmitted, and disposed of in accordance with company information protection standards.
- Our employees may access Social Security numbers or Personal Information only as required by their job duties.