We have partnered with Sedgwick to handle your claims, and offer the following claim reporting options 24 hours/7 days:
1. Call QBE at 844-723-2524 (844-QBE-CLAIMS), and select option #2 to report a new claim and then select option #3 for workers’ compensation claims.
2. Fax a first report of injury to 888-723-2567
3. Email the first report of injury form to NewLossQBE@us.qbe.com
Aviation Workers’ Compensation Process & Tips
What happens after the initial reporting of an aviation workers’ compensation claim?
- The first report of injury will be reviewed to determine classification: loss time or medical only
- A claim will be set up and assigned a claims number
- All loss time claims will be assigned to an adjuster for a complete investigation
- On loss time claims, the employer, injured worker and physician will be contacted by the adjuster within approximately 24-48 hours
- On medical-only claims, the employer will be contacted and the file will remain open for 90 days to pay medical bills.
Aviation Workers’ Compensation Claims tips
- Report all claims (including potential ones) as soon as you become aware of the accident using one of the claims reporting options listed above
- Indicate if the injured worker has returned to work, noting the actual return to work date
- Provide all contact numbers for yourself as well as the injured worker. Provide mobile phone numbers if available
- State the type of injury and the body part affected before giving a detailed description of the injury.