Mortgage protection tips
You can report your claim in one of the following ways:
- Contact your agent
- Call QBE at 844-723-2524 (844-QBE-CLAIMS), and select option #2 to report a new claim and then select option #2 for property claims.
- Email the loss information (see below) to: NewLossQBE@us.qbe.com
- Fax the loss information (see below) to: 888-723-2567
Loss information to include in an e-mail or fax:
- Policy number
- Insured name and address
- Contact information (for the person we should contact to get more information about the claim)
- Date of loss
- Description of loss and extent of damage
- Were you (the insured party) living in the home prior to the loss?
- Are you (the insured party) currently living in the home? If not, what is your current mailing address?
- On what day of the month is your mortgage payment due?
- How much is the deductible on your Homeowners policy?
You may be asked to provide:
- Proof of payment for your loss from your primary homeowners insurance carrier
- A copy of your primary homeowners insurance policy declarations page
- A letter from the licensed contractor(s) stating your home is temporarily uninhabitable due to the loss
- Proof that the repair, reconstruction or restoration has begun within 120 days of the loss