Making a claim

Who to call

  • During business hours – please contact your broker ASAP to register your claim or if we have an agreement with your broker to handle your claim direct please call us on 0800 723 252.
  • Outside business hours – you can inform QBE of your claim via our 0800 number.
  • Motor glass claims – you can arrange glass repairs directly by calling:
    • Smith & Smith: 0800 48 33 88
    • Novus CMS: 0800 20 35 35
    • Instant Windscreens: 0800 288 645
Claims contacts

Commercial insurance claims

Property, Contract Works, Liability, Financial Lines, Marine, Accident & Illness

0800 QBE CLAIMS / 0800 723 252

Commercial Motor insurance claims

Commercial Motor

0800 QBE CLAIMS / 0800 723 252

Motor glass claims
Please quote your QBE policy number

Novus CMS: 0800 20 35 35
Smith & Smith: 0800 48 33 88
Instant Windscreens: 0800 288 645

For Australian Motor claims please contact +61 1800 023 387 or email


Making a natural disaster EQCover claim

At QBE we aim to simplify the claims process during this difficult time. As such, we have entered into a partnership arrangement with Toka Tū Ake Earthquake Commission (EQC) under which we will assess and manage natural disaster claims covered by EQCover alongside your private insurance claim. This means you deal with only one insurer during the claim process.

Please lodge a natural disaster claim with QBE by contacting your Broker directly to assist you.

Claims forms

Claim forms can be found in the Document Library (use the Content Type > Claim Form filter to find what you are looking for).

They should be completed, signed electronically (using Adobe Reader) and emailed to your broker.

Useful tips

After a burglary, secure the premises (or vehicle) against weather damage or further incident

Do what you can to prevent further damage - like boarding up windows or removing water damaged property.

For water damage, turn your water off at the mains and call a plumber immediately.

If your vehicle/motorcycle cannot be driven following an incident, or you believe driving would result in further damage, call for a tow truck.

Trade account details, invoices, operating manuals, valuations and photographs of items are all useful forms of proof of ownership. Keep track of receipts or serial numbers. This information can help us replace them, or help the police return recovered stolen property.
Photograph any damage or other evidence. If you’re in a motor collision, it’s a good idea to take photos before any vehicles are moved if it’s safe to do so.
Talk to your broker or adviser before admitting liability or entering into a settlement agreement. Unless QBE has agreed in advance, please don’t appoint a lawyer yourself or agree to any meetings with the claimants, make any media comment or release file information as they may prejudice your position.
Any excesses applicable on your policy are noted on your Policy Schedule or Certificate of Insurance. If you don't have these documents handy, or if you have any unanswered questions, please call your insurance broker for assistance.