Who to call
If you are insured via an insurance broker:
- During business hours - please register your claim via your broker. (If you have agreed an assessor with us, you can also contact them.)
- Outside business hours - you can inform QBE of your claim via our 0800 numbers on our Contact us page.
Claim forms can be found in the Useful resources section.
They can be completed, signed electronically (using Adobe Reader) and emailed to your broker.
- Report incidents such as burglaries, theft, personal injuries and malicious damage to your local Police.
- After a burglary, secure the premises (or vehicle) against weather damage or further incident.
- Home and Motor customers can arrange glass repairs; just have your QBE policy number handy. 0800 numbers are available on the contact us page for
- Home: Master Glaziers
- Motor: Novus CMS or Smith & Smith
- If your vehicle/motorcycle cannot be driven following an incident, or you believe driving would result in further damage, call for a tow truck.
- Water damage - turn your water off at the mains and call a plumber immediately.
- For any type of policy, take photos of damage, whenever possible.
- Contact your broker, and register your claim, ASAP.
- If you are facing a liability claim, please don't appoint a lawyer yourself or agree to any meetings with the claimants, make any media comment, release file information and the like as this may make your position worse. (Unless QBE has agreed in advance, of course.)
How much will my Excess be?
Any Excesses applicable on your policy are noted on your Policy Schedule or Certificate of Insurance. If you don't have these documents handy, or if you have any unanswered questions, please call your insurance broker for assistance.
Theft and burglary claims?
When making a claim for stolen contents or valuables, you will need to provide QBE with proof of ownership. An invoice, operating manual, valuation, or a photograph of the item can be used.