Good information to have when reporting a claim
- Your QBE policy number - it is best to have your policy number available when you call QBE directly
- The name, address, telephone number, e-mail address (if available) and insurer of other drivers involved in the accident
- The name and contact information of the owners of the other vehicles involved, if not the same as the driver
- The vehicle identification number (VIN), year, make, model and license number of the other vehicles involved
- Details of the accident, such as, the date, time, location and weather conditions at the time
- If you took photos at the scene of the accident, let your Claim Professional know after they contact you.
What to do in case of an accident of theft
- Prevent further loss or damage and ensure your safety and the safety of those around you.
- Inform the police if your vehicle is stolen or vandalized, or if required by law.
- Take details of other parties or vehicles involved in the accident.
- Year / Make / Model of car(s)
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
- Driver's name and License number
- Take photos of vehicles
- If your vehicle isn't drivable, have it towed to the nearest safe place.
- Call 844-QBE-TOWS for assistance. In some cases you may have to pay the cost of the tow and QBE will reimburse you after we confirm coverage under your policy.