Commercial Auto claims tips

Good information to have when reporting a claim

  • Your QBE policy number - it is best to have your policy number available when you call QBE directly
  • The name, address, telephone number, e-mail address (if available) and insurer of other drivers involved in the accident
  • The name and contact information of the owners of the other vehicles involved, if not the same as the driver
  • The vehicle identification number (VIN), year, make, model and license number of the other vehicles involved
  • Details of the accident, such as, the date, time, location and weather conditions at the time
  • If you took photos at the scene of the accident, let your Claim Professional know after they contact you.

What to do in case of an accident of theft

  • Prevent further loss or damage and ensure your safety and the safety of those around you.
  • Inform the police if your vehicle is stolen or vandalized, or if required by law.
  • Take details of other parties or vehicles involved in the accident.
    • Year / Make / Model of car(s)
    • Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
    • Driver's name and License number
    • Take photos of vehicles
  • If your vehicle isn't drivable, have it towed to the nearest safe place. If you have towing coverage on your policy you may be eligible for reimbursement of all or part of the towing expense. Submit the receipt for the towing cost with your claim.

Learn more