Good information to have when reporting a claim
- Your QBE policy number - it is best to have your policy number available when you call QBE directly.
- The name, address, telephone number, e-mail address (if available) of the operator of the insured vehicle.
- The name, address, telephone number, e-mail address (if available) and insurer of other drivers involved in the accident.
- The name and contact information of the owners of the other vehicles involved, if not the same as the driver.
- The vehicle identification number (VIN), year, make, model and license number of the other vehicles involved.
- Details of the accident, such as, the date, time, location and weather conditions at the time.
- If you took photos at the scene of the accident, let your Claim Professional know after they contact you.
What to do in case of an accident or theft
- Prevent further loss or damage and ensure your safety and the safety of those around you.
- Inform the police if your car is stolen or vandalized, or if required by law.
- Take details of other parties or vehicles involved in the accident.
- Year / Make / Model of car(s)
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
- Driver's name and License number
- Take photos of vehicles
- If your car isn't drivable, have it towed to the nearest safe place.
- Call 844-QBE-TOWS for assistance. In some cases you may have to pay the cost of the tow and QBE will reimburse you after we confirm coverage under your policy.
Questions or correspondence on an existing claim?
- Do you have a question about an existing claim? Call your QBE Claims Professional directly. Or call 844-723-2524 and select the option of ‘questions about an existing claim’.
- Need to send us a document or file related to an existing claim?
- Email it to ClaimMail@us.qbe.com with the claim number in the subject line
- Fax it to 866-251-5389 with the claim number in the subject line.