Developing a business safety plan
A business safety plan is an easy and effective way to save money while protecting your employees.
While procedures for implementing a program vary depending on your business, remember these basic guidelines when developing your safety plan:
- Communicate corporate commitment and define the program
- Appoint a safety committee
- Perform property inspections
- Develop safety procedures
- Build accident investigation processes
- Establish a transitional return-to-work program
Many safety programs can be built using resources available from QBE and other state or federal agencies. Contact QBE or your independent agent for more information on tailoring a plan that's just right for your business.