QBE is committed to creating and providing a safe and healthy environment for all workers and visitors by proactively identifying and controlling risks in our workplaces. QBE complies with health and safety legislation and encourages innovation, efficiency, and continual improvement to enable workers to thrive. Together we are enabling a more resilient and sustainable future.
QBE’s Work, Health and Safety Policy sets global minimum standards essential for managing compliance with work, health and safety laws and requirements. It applies to employees, contractors, visitors, and others who may be present at the QBE workplace (including when using QBE vehicles, working remotely, and when working at QBE offices that are not an employee’s normal place of work). QBE’s Work, Health and Safety Policy has been endorsed by the Group Board.
WHS is integrated across our organisation and regard for, and compliance with, WHS obligations is required to be reflected in all our work practices.
Under the Policy, QBE:
- Is committed to compliance with all applicable WHS and environment legislation, regulations, business practices and standards.
- Aims to provide a safe and healthy environment for our employees and visitors by working safely, adhering to WHS laws and standards and caring for the health and safety of those around us.
- Adhering to WHS laws and standards, we aim to provide a physically and psychologically safe and healthy environment for our employees and visitors.
- Will manage WHS incidents and work-related injuries in a proactive and fair manner.
- Has a communication and consultation procedure to ensure engagement with workers.
- Utilises measurable targets for improving safety performance including an evaluation and monitoring process.
Workers have a responsibility to report promptly and without delay hazards, incidents and work-related injuries in a timely manner and to stop the work of themselves or their colleagues where they hold genuine concerns that they are or may be putting their own health and safety or that of others at risk. At QBE we aim to maintain a culture where everyone feels safe to participate, experiment, challenge, and to call out risks, issues and concerns, we call this Safety to Speak Up.