QBE first entered the Malaysian market in 1905, and over the years we are proud to have actively contributed to Malaysia’s growth and success. With our decades of local experience and innovative approach, we are well positioned to provide specialist insurance covers that help businesses manage their risks. At QBE Malaysia, we are able to offer local knowledge, regional expertise and world-wide strength to our clients.

Our strong reputation is a reflection of the dedication of our people and the close working relationships we enjoy with our intermediaries. We focus on business clients – both corporates and SMEs (with particular emphasis on the specialist classes of insurance) – and we also underwrite a variety of personal insurance covers for individuals.

In addition to our specialist technical expertise, the QBE Malaysia team takes prides in its local knowledge and service. Our extensive branch network supports agents, brokers and clients throughout Malaysia.

Our Purpose

QBE - enabling a more resilient future

At QBE we’re driven by our purpose of enabling a more resilient future – helping those around us build strength and embrace change to their advantage.

We’ve been cultivating resilience since 1886, when our founders started a marine insurance company to give early pioneers a safeguard against uncertainty.

Today, we’re still giving our customers confidence to explore, innovate and take measured risks, secure in the knowledge they’re covered by a strong insurer. 

For our communities, our purpose drives us to build resilience and enrich lives.  We are incredibly proud of our global disaster relief partnerships with Red Cross and Save the Children, through which we are investing to improve the capacity of local communities to prepare, anticipate, respond and recover from disasters.

Our approach to sustainability forms an essential part of our ability to deliver on our purpose and make a positive and impactful contribution to the environments, economies and communities in which we operate.

Our Vision

To be the most consistent and innovative risk partner

At QBE, we’re striving for greater consistency across everything we do. Our aim is to do things more consistently than our competitors, whether it’s in the experience we provide our customers and partners, the performance of our business or the values that connect our people.

Innovation represents our focus on continuous improvement and growth. This includes developing new and innovative products and experiences and continually evolving to make it easier to do business with us.

We believe being the most consistent and innovative risk partner will see us build the strongest partnerships with customers and partners but, importantly, it will also see us deliver more value.


QBE Asia named Insurance Business Asia List, Top Insurance Workplaces 2022, Asia

2005 QBE-MBf Insurance Berhad changed its name to QBE Insurance (Malaysia) Berhad.
2002 QBE Malaysia merge with MBf Insurans forming  joint-venture QBE-MBf Insurance Bhd. QBE Insurance (International) Limited holds 51%  equity in the JV, whilst MBf Capital holds the remaining 49%.
1987 QBE Insurance (Malaysia) Berhad formed.
1984 MBf Insurans Sdn Bhd commence business.
1983 MBf Holdings bought over Malayan Motor and General Insurance underwriters (Pte) Limited.
1905 QBE established agencies in Malaysia.

Since our founding, QBE has been playing an active role in the communities in which it operates. In 2011, the QBE Insurance Group launched its major global corporate responsibility initiative: the QBE Foundation.

The Foundation’s philosophy is to support charities that help people overcome disadvantages, strengthen their abilities, and help them live more independently, successfully and productively.

Our objectives include making a difference in key areas that align with QBE’s vision and values. We also seek to drive employee engagement by developing networking and a strong team-based culture. We strive to maximise the return and impact for any collection, distribution and allocation of philanthropic resources. 

Through the Foundation's initiatives, we aim to make a difference in the lives of underprivileged children, youth and elderly across the region.

QBE - enabling a more resilient future

Privacy Policy. We use a small number of cookies on this website to make the website as useful as possible. None of these cookies collect any personal information. To find out more about these cookies and how to control their use, see our Privacy and Cookies Policy.
Ok, I agree