Legal protection for corporations and professionals
In an environment of increased corporate and personal responsibility and accountability, professional liability insurance is an essential component of risk management. It can provide you, your company and your executives with cover against legal liabilities, the threat of litigation and also the potential resultant damage.
To protect our clients from professional liability exposures, we offer several options:.
- QBE Professional Liability Insurance provides risk management solutions for businesses and professionals across a broad range of industries.
- Professional Indemnity Insurance helps protect professionals against legal liability for breach of professional duty in the conduct of their professional business practice.
- Medical Malpractice Insurance helps protect medical professionals and/or hospitals and/or allied health practices against legal liability arising from malpractice that leads to bodily injury, sickness, illness, mental injury, or death of patients.
- Information and Communication Technology Insurance helps protect IT professionals against legal liability for claims in respect of negligent acts, errors or omissions committed in the provision of information and communication technology services.
For ICT whitepaper:
- Directors and Officers Liability Insurance helps protect company directors and officers against liability for their wrongful acts committed in their capacity as company directors or officers.
- Association Liability Insurance helps protect non-profit organisations against legal liability arising from professional services provided, as well as the management committee and employees for management liability.
Cyber and data security insurance
Businesses frequently believe they are secure from cyber-threats - but unfortunately no business is completely safe from cyber-attacks and data breaches. Even institutions with advanced cyber defence systems fall victim to attacks, with disruptive, costly and potentially long-term consequences. As a result, it is important to take care in recommending cyber and data security insurance to clients, as traditional insurance coverage often does not provide adequate protection.
All sizes of business are at risk of cyber-threats and data breaches. The repercussions of a cyber-attack can include litigation, damage to reputation and in some cases replacement of IT systems. Specifically designed to protect clients and their businesses, we present our newly released comprehensive, standalone cyber and data security insurance policy.
Downloads for this product
The above only serves as a general description of our products and services. For full product details and coverage, please check with your local insurance broker or a QBE Malaysia authorised agent.