Bicycle insurance

Your bicycle can be covered at home under a contents insurance policy. If you want cover away from home, you can add portable contents cover as an option for an additional premium.

Find out more about covering your bicycle with QBE Home Insurance (if you're a homeowner) or QBE Contents Insurance (if you're a renter or strata owner-occupier.)

If you’re responsible for injury to someone else or damage to their property (excluding competitions), our insurance includes up to $30 million legal liability cover. 

Looking for affordable home insurance that covers your bicycle? Save 10% when you buy online today.

Get a quote now

What’s included in bicycle cover?

Your bicycle can be covered at home under a QBE Home or Contents Insurance policy. If you want cover for your bike away from home, you can add portable contents option for an additional premium.

Read the relevant Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) for full details including limits, exclusions and conditions that apply.




Need insurance for your bicycle? Contents insurance includes cover for things like:

  • Theft
  • Malicious damage to your bike
  • Fire
  • Third party legal liability up to $30 million
  • Equipment and accessories for your bike up to the limit you choose

Get a quote now

Not included

Contents insurance excludes cover for things like:

  • Competitions (including races)
  • Theft where you haven’t properly secured your bicycle
  • Business bicycle use
  • Electrical failure
  • Mechanical failure

Upgrade to include


Why choose QBE Home Insurance?

We've been awarded CANSTAR's 2021 Innovation Excellence Award thanks to how simple it is to get a quote online.
We’ve been insuring everyday Australians for over 130 years.
24/7 friendly and helpful claims service.
Up to $30 million legal liability cover.

Save 10% on home insurance to cover your bicycle!

Buy home insurance online today and you’ll save 10%! Find our best price when you get a home insurance quote and buy online.

Bicycle insurance cover frequently asked questions

No. Whilst your bicycle’s at home, it’s covered under QBE Home or Contents Insurance for things like theft, fire, vandalism and more. You can add Accidental Damage as an optional extra for an additional premium.

With contents insurance, your bicycle will be covered for loss or damage caused at home by an insured event such as:

  • Theft
  • Malicious damage
  • Fire
  • and more.
No. With QBE, you can insure your bicycle under your contents insurance. You can add QBE portable contents cover as an optional extra to cover your bicycle whilst it’s away from home. The easy way to compare bicycle insurance and see how much it may cost you is to get a home insurance quote.

Your bicycle is covered at home under a QBE Home or Contents insurance policy. If you want cover away from home, you can add portable contents cover as an option for an additional premium.

QBE Home or Contents Insurance covers bicycles as long as they don’t have an engine. Electric bicycles are covered up to 200 watts. Pedelec bicycles (the electric type that you also pedal) up to 250 watts are also covered. Cover only applies to bicycles that don’t need to be registered by law.
Head to our home insurance claims page to make a claim online or call us 24 hours a day on 133 723.
No. QBE provides separate insurance cover for motorcycles. Compare our motorcycle insurance cover options.

You might also be interested in...

Car insurance - Young man reflected in a car side mirror
Car insurance

Flexible, great value car insurance for every-day Australians. Choose between two easy-to-understand covers from a 2020 award-winning insurer.

Boat Insurance
Boat insurance

Flexible insurance for your pride and joy, on and off the water. Start with our standard cover and add whichever extras you need for comprehensive coverage.

Vehicle insurance caravan back doors open onto water scene
Caravan insurance

Complete cover for your little piece of home - on the road, at a caravan park or at home. We cover caravans, camper trailers, motorhomes and more.

This insurance is issued and underwritten by QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited (ABN 78 003 191 035, AFSL 239545). Any advice provided is general only and has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and may not be right for you. To decide if this product is right for you, please read the relevant Product Disclosure Statement (PDS).

Need more help?

Call us on 133 723

Mon-Fri 8am-7pm, Sat 8am-1:30pm (AEDT)