Our Portable Contents cover

You’ve made sure the things you value most are fully covered under your contents insurance. But what about when they’re outside your home?

Get full peace of mind knowing your valuables are protected when you take them out with you. You can choose to cover specific belongings, such as your mobile phone, laptop, jewellery or sports gear, or opt for our general cover. This will allow you to claim for unspecified items, up to preselected limits.

Standard cover extends to anywhere in Australia and New Zealand. If you need worldwide coverage we can arrange that too.

Downloads for this product

Avoiding underinsurance

Home owners: how to avoid underinsurance

You know how important it is to insure your home and belongings, but are you sure you’ve got enough cover? We provide online insurance calculators to help you figure out how much cover you need (your ‘sum insured’).

Learn more

Frequently Asked Questions

You’re covered for loss or damage caused by ‘defined events’. For details of these events, refer to your Product Disclosure Statement and Policy Schedule.

When you choose general portable contents cover, you don’t have to specify every item you take away from home. To find out what falls under the definition of general portable contents, check the "meaning of general portable contents" section of the Product Disclosure Statement or your Policy Schedule. Limits apply and you can choose a limit option that suits you – if you have any items over these limits, you’ll need to specify them to ensure they’re covered.

You might also be interested in...


Home insurance

Home owner, renter or landlord, we’ve got you covered. Use our insurance calculators to create a policy that works for you.

QBE Cycle insurance

Bicycle insurance

Standard Contents insurance may not fully cover your bike – our Bicycle cover provides comprehensive protection, at home and when you're cycling.


Car insurance

Choose QBE for five levels of cover, award-winning service and simple, stress-free claiming.

The advice on this website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. You must decide whether or not it is appropriate, in light of your own circumstances, to act on this advice. You should ensure you obtain and consider the Product Disclosure Statement for the policy before you make any decision to acquire it.

Need more help?

Call us at 133 723

Mon-Fri 8am-8pm, Sat 8am-1:30pm (AEST)