Injured in a car accident?

  • Get the details of the other parties and vehicles involved
  • Get the details of any third-party witnesses at the scene
  • Call the police and ask for an event number (NSW) or QP number (Queensland)
  • Seek medical assistance if required
  • Lodge your claim as soon as possible.
Call 133 723 (Mon-Fri 8.30am-5.00pm)

How does it all work?

Our insurance claim process is quick and easy. To see what is involved in claiming, what information you'll need, and how to get your claim lodged, check out the sections below.

Lodging your claim

If you're injured in a car accident, you may lodge a Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance claim with QBE if:

  • You've been injured in an accident where a QBE CTP policyholder was determined to be totally or partially at-fault
  • You're a QBE CTP insurance policyholder and have suffered a ‘serious injury' as a driver in an accident
  • You're a QBE CTP insurance policyholder in NSW and suffered an injury as a driver in an accident where you were deemed to be at-fault (limited cover applies)

You can claim by calling us on 133 723 or by obtaining a claim form from www.sira.nsw.gov.au (NSW claims) or www.maic.qld.gov.au (QLD claims).

You should then send us your completed claim form to:

Email: myCTPclaim@qbe.com
Post: GPO Box 7037, Sydney, NSW 2000
Fax (NSW): (02) 9375 4583
Fax (QLD): (07) 3031 8545

Managing your claim

We'll investigate the circumstances of the accident and tell you if you're covered and whether we require any further information regarding the accident or your injuries.

If your claim is accepted, we'll cover all reasonable and necessary medical expenses.

Managing your treatment

As a condition of your cover we'll need to approve any medical and rehabilitation services before they commence. We'll then work with your treatment provider and arrange payment directly with them. Any services provided by a public hospital or an ambulance immediately following the accident should also be covered by the CTP Insurance and you'll not be charged for them.

Please remember to keep any invoices and receipts from treatment providers and send us a copy.

Settling your claim

Finalising and closing your claim may involve a settlement and this will include:

  • Cover for any outstanding rehabilitation services, including medical, attendant care, travel, and any relevant out of pocket expenses
  • Cover for future reasonable and necessary medical, rehabilitation and care expenses
  • Compensation and/or loss of income payments.

Please ensure you identify and receive payment for all reasonable rehabilitation expenses as we won't be able to provide further payment once you're claim is finalised.

If you're unsure whether an expense is covered under the CTP policy, please contact your state regulatory authority

Compensation for relatives

If you’re a close relative (or executor) of someone who died in a car accident you may be able to claim for financial losses caused by their death.

Need more help?

Call us at 133 723

Mon-Fri 8am-8pm, Sat 8am-1:30pm (AEST)