Been injured at work?

Workers Compensation
  • Immediately tell your employer about the injury
  • Complete your workplace injury register
  • See a doctor for treatment – they may give you a Workers Compensation medical certificate
  • Tell us about your injury by completing a First Contact Form or calling us.
Call 133 723 Complete a First Contact Form

and send it to us:
Email: mywcclaim@qbe.com
Post: Your local QBE Branch

How does it all work?

Our insurance claim process is quick and easy. To see what is involved in claiming, what information you'll need, and how to get your claim lodged, check out the sections below.

Lodging your claim

If you've been injured or become sick in the course of your work, you may be entitled to lodge a claim. The first step is to inform your employer and complete your workplace injury register.

Then complete a First Contact Form and send it to us via email or post. Lodging a First Contact Form will typically require the following information:

  • Employer details including QBE policy number, address and contact information
  • Accident details including date and time of occurrence and current condition
  • Details about medical treatments received since the accident
  • A Workers Compensation medical certificate provided by your doctor
  • Receipts and invoices for medical expenses already incurred.

Depending on the seriousness of your injury, you may also be required to complete a Workers Claim Form, available through your employer.

If you're in Victoria you can also submit your claim online.

Managing your claim

After receiving your claim we'll work with you, your doctor and your employer to quickly determine liability. If your claim is accepted, we'll cover all reasonable and appropriate medical and rehabilitation, expenses, as well as weekly payments where there's loss of earnings as well as helping you return to work.

We'll also give you a claim number which you can give to your rehabilitation service providers so they can seek payment directly from us.

Managing your rehabilitation

If we accept your claim, we'll do what we can to help you make a successful and timely return to work.

We'll work with your doctor and rehabilitation providers to cover all reasonable and necessary medical expenses, to ensure you receive the care you need.

In order to ensure cover, we may require you to let us know about any medical and rehabilitation services before you attend.

Settling your claim

We'll close your claim after your treatment is complete and you've made a successful return to work.

In the scenario you have limited or no capacity to return to work, you may be entitled to receive ongoing weekly payments from your employer. If this is the case, we'll help guide you through the process.

Frequently Asked Questions

We require an active medical certificate to continue providing payments. So if your current medical certificate expires, you'll need to get a new certificate and send it to us as soon as possible.

As long as your claim is accepted and we determine we're liable for expenses incurred, we'll pay reasonable hospital, medical, rehabilitation and travel expenses made before your claim was approved.

Under the state Workers Compensation schemes, you may be covered for:

  • Weekly payments for loss of earnings
  • Medical or related treatments
  • Hospital treatments and ambulance services
  • Workplace rehabilitation services
  • Travel expenses.

To ensure we provide payment, please remember to give the service provider your claim number.

Need more help?

Call us at 133 723

Mon-Fri 8am-8pm, Sat 8am-1:30pm (AEST)