Protect your business and its most valuable assets
We understand that people have a life outside of work. That’s why we offer Accident and Health insurance products that can protect them 24/7 – wherever they are.
Our products aim to reduce the impact of accidents or sickness, whilst helping people get their lives back on track. Suitable for the self-employed, businesses, sports clubs, government organisations and voluntary workers, we can also provide bespoke solutions for large employers.
The benefits can address lost earnings, non-Medicare fees and rehabilitation costs, plus provide lump sums for death and serious injuries. Many extra benefits can also be included and we can even tailor the cover to care for employees’ families.
Our policies can complement existing workers compensation schemes because salary benefits for those schemes vary across states.
For more information please contact your broker.
Why choose QBE Accident and Health insurance?
We can tailor the cover* to provide:
- Lump sum payments for death and permanent disability
- Weekly loss of income benefits up to 100% of pre-injury earnings with options of up to 5 years for benefit periods
- Recruitment costs to replace staff
- Corporate image protection to cover the costs for engaging public relations consultants and for the release of information through the media
- Rehabilitation benefit to cover costs for pain management therapy, vocational assistance and counselling, if rehab is considered the best option
- Cover for medical fees that Medicare won’t cover
- Dependent child and partner benefits
- 24/7 emergency medical and travel assistance cover for expat, inpat and corporate travel clients
- Cover for funeral expenses.
*Benefits listed are subject to terms and conditions. Limits and exclusions apply.
Dedicated Accident and Health team
- Our specialist team is one of the most experienced in Australia
- We listen and build bespoke policies for clients rather than enforcing a “one size fits all” approach
- Our injury management advisors provide the best possible care to your people, to help them recover and get their lives back on track.
Our product suite
Group Personal Accident and Sickness insurance
Provides group cover to companies or common interest groups of any size or sector.
Individual Personal Accident and Sickness insurance
Tailored protection for individuals or self-employed people of any trade in the event of an injury or sickness. You can cover your working hours or opt for 24-hour a day protection.
Corporate Travel insurance
Provides protection while travelling on company business anywhere in the world.
Expatriate and Inpatriate Medical insurance
Provides protection to people domiciled outside of Australia for a period in excess of 90 days, or foreign nationals who are temporarily employed in Australia.
Cover for you or your people if injured while travelling between work and home.
Sports Injury insurance
If you run a sports club or association this option will cover your members while they’re playing, training or officiating club activities.
Voluntary Workers insurance
Cover for individuals or groups if they are injured while doing voluntary work.
Enterprise Bargaining Agreements Solutions
Cover designed to complement a negotiated employment contract by ensuring 24-hour protection is provided to employees.
Customer-focused claims handling and 24/7 emergency assistance
Available for expatriate, inpatriate and corporate travel policyholders, our emergency assistance team is on call 24/7 to help. So if you’re injured, get sick or find your travel plans thrown into chaos, help is just a phone call away. We have longstanding relationships with emergency assistance partners that are carefully selected based on their ability to deliver high quality care and advice in the time-critical period after an unforeseen event.
We have a dedicated Accident and Health claims team on your side, plus a streamlined claims process should you need to make a claim. This includes:
- An Accident and Health specialist claims officer through the entire claim
- Acknowledgement of your claim within one business day of receipt
- Payment within five business days of receiving the completed forms once the claim is accepted
All of which can take the pressure off the individual affected, their loved ones and your organisation.
Need more information?
Contact your broker or read the FAQs below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Workers Compensation: Our products can provide a top up payment to workers compensation payments, depending on the policy. In most workers compensation schemes, only a percentage of the injured workers lost wage is covered. Our policy can provide a gap payment to cover the shortfall in the injured workers lost wage.
CTP: The Accident and Health product suite can provide the injured person with weekly payments to cover their lost wage if they are unable to work due to a motor vehicle accident. This depends on the state based CTP scheme as some CTP schemes do provide a weekly benefit to cover any loss of wages (e.g. NSW, VIC).
Why Accident and Health cover matters
Find out why more Australian business are putting Accident and Health cover on their priority list.
You might also be interested in...
Operate with confidence knowing you’re covered if a third party claims against you for property damage or personal injury caused by your people or products.
Essential cover for your workers, delivered by experts. We also provide specialist training and advice to help your people and business thrive.
CTP for business
Competitive Compulsory Third Party insurance for businesses across New South Wales and Queensland. We can cover everything from single vehicles through to large fleets.