Why choose QBE?

 We've been insuring Australians for over 130 years
 We're one of the largest CTP insurers in Australia
 We're 100% committed to excellence in claims

How it works

If you, or anyone driving your car, causes an accident in which someone else is injured your CTP covers the cost of their compensation claim.

This includes other drivers, passengers, pedestrians, cyclists and motorcycle riders. It doesn’t cover damage to vehicles.

alt text here

Choice is here

You are now able to choose your CTP insurer in South Australia when you register your car.

QBE is a licensed CTP provider in South Australia and also has a strong track record of providing CTP insurance in NSW and Queensland.

In total our CTP experience extends to insuring more than 2 million vehicles, so you can be confident we’ll look after you.

The Regulator is responsible for oversight, monitoring and reporting of the South Australian CTP insurance scheme.

An important note from the CTP Regulator:

Please be wary of uninvited contact relating to potential motor vehicle accident claims. You may or may not have been involved in a motor vehicle accident. They may offer to refer you to a claims, compensation, government or legal service. This contact may be deceptive or misleading about your eligibility to make a claim or your eligibility for compensation. We strongly encourage anyone receiving such contact to protect their personal information. Do not complete any forms that are sent to you without verifying the source.

If you receive uninvited contact, please contact the CTP Regulator on:
Phone: 1300 303 558 or
Email: ctp@sa.gov.au


Further information is available from the Regulator's website:

Our claims team is based in Adelaide and work to be the best at helping people bring their lives back together following an injury.

If you’ve been injured in a motor vehicle accident and the at fault vehicle is registered in South Australia and insured by QBE, please complete an Injury Claim Form. You can either:

Though we are unable to lodge your claim over the phone, should you require any assistance with lodging your claim, or have any further questions about lodging a claim, please call us on 1300 429 528, Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm (ACDT).

If you're the at fault driver in an accident and your vehicle is insured by QBE CTP and registered in South Australia, please:

  1. Report your accident to the police.
  2. Notify us of the motor vehicle accident by completing an Accident Report Form as soon as practicable and lodging it with us.

Completed Accident Report Forms can be lodged by:

Please note: our office is temporarily closed to the public.

Additional support material

The Regulator has made available additional support material to assist people involved in road accidents and to support victims of road trauma in their recovery.

CTP insurance premiums are set by each Insurer under the governence of the South Australia's CTP Regulator (the Regulator) and paid as part of the vehicle registration costs.

Find out more about how the Regulator governs premiums.
QBE will use personal information submitted during registration to provide you with your CTP insurance policy.

Your information will not be disclosed to any third party unless you have permitted us to do so or we are required to disclose it by law. QBE is committed to ensuring the safety of your personal information and full details including how to access the information we hold about you and how to make a complaint are included in the QBE Privacy Policy.

QBE in South Australia

We have a local office in Adelaide and we're committed to being an active corporate citizen in South Australia.
Hutt St Centre logo
We're proud to support Hutt Street Centre and its Aspire program.
We're pleased our QBE Foundation supports Foodbank SA

Additional information

The Lifetime Support Scheme (LSS) is a no fault scheme which provides necessary and reasonable treatment, care and support for people who sustain serious lifelong injuries in a crash. The Lifetime Support Authority (LSA) administers the LSS. For more information, visit http://www.lifetimesupport.sa.gov.au/
The South Australian government website provides a one-stop-shop for all government related services and information. For details about transport, travel and motoring-related information in South Australia visit www.sa.gov.au/topics/driving-and-transport
A person who has sustained major injuries in a motor vehicle accident may be entitled to compensation, under the Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance scheme. In order to assess their injuries, the Motor Accident Injury Assessment Scheme accredits general and specialist medical practitioners to undertake Injury Scale Value (ISV) Medical Assessments, which comprise of a whole person impairment assessment and the allocation of an ISV.
In South Australia, the system to renew a vehicle registration is called EzyReg. For more details about your vehicle registration in South Australia visit www.sa.gov.au/topics/driving-and-transport/ezyreg
Service SA provides convenient access to CTP and a range of other government services and information online, over the phone and at various locations throughout South Australia. For more information about these services visit service.sa.gov.au
CTP and Green Slips Explained

CTP explained

There’s a lot of confusion around Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance. Find out how it works and why you need it.

Car owners: your legal obligation

Car owners: your legal obligations

Make sure you’ve got the essentials covered before you hit the road.

Comprehensive vs Third Party Car Insurance

Comprehensive vs Third Party

When you’re choosing car insurance it’s important you have the facts so you can make an informed decision.


^eGift Cards are only available for 12-month CTP policies purchased before 30 September 2022 and whose vehicle registration renewal is due between 11 January 2021 to 30 September 2022, unless offer is extended.

CTP disclaimer: QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited (ABN 78 003 191 035) holds a CTP license in the relevant States and issues your policy.

Need more help?

Call us on 1300 429 528

Fax 1300 059 688 Mon-Fri 8.30am-5pm (ACDT) GPO Box 7037 SYDNEY NSW 2001