What to do if you’re experiencing difficulty

If you’re a QBE customer in need of extra care, we have a number of support measures and resources available to support you.

Family and domestic violence support

Family and domestic violence is a complex issue that QBE takes seriously. If you’re experiencing family and domestic violence, please read our Family Domestic Violence Customer Support Policy.

Financial hardship support

We appreciate there are times when personal circumstances can make it difficult to meet all your financial commitments. If you’re struggling to make an excess payment or repay a debt to QBE, there are a range of support options available. Please contact your claims officer directly or visit our financial hardship page.

Claims support

If you need help with an existing claim, please contact your claims officer directly. If you need to make a claim, please visit our claims page or contact our claims team.

If you’re a joint policy holder

If you hold a joint policy, meaning someone else is named on your policy as well as you, and you’re in a dispute, domestic violence situation, or have concerns about your joint insurance policy, we will:

  • consider the potential risks to your personal safety and act according to our obligations relating to joint policy holders
  • work with you to set up a new policy, if needed to help support your privacy, and
  • offer a sensitive claims handling process that provides you confidentiality and safety.

Premium payment options for QBE’s customers

If you’re a QBE customer for general insurance products and your personal circumstances mean you’re having difficulty making a premium payment, please contact us on 133 723 to talk to our team about how we can help.

Interpreter services

QBE offers customers access to interpreter services in over 160 languages and dialects from native and accredited language practitioners.

If you have an existing claim or complaint and need access to an interpreter, please contact your claims officer or dispute resolution officer directly.

How we can help if you've lost a loved one

Losing a loved one is one of life’s toughest challenges and can be overwhelming. If you’ve lost someone and are taking care of their assets, it's important you let us know so their assets can continue to be protected. Our Deceased estates page guides you through what you need to do to take care of any general insurance policies connected with a deceased estate.

alt text here

Supporting resilience with free confidential counselling

QBE customers can access free and confidential counselling through our partnership with Assure Programs.

This may be helpful if you’re struggling to deal with uncertainty, stress and anxiety.

Through Assure Programs, you can access 24/7 counselling with a professional psychologist as well as a session with a qualified financial counsellor.

To book your phone session, call Assure on 1800 808 374 (Australia) or 0800 464 387 (NZ). Tell them you’re a QBE customer and whether you’d like the psychological or financial service.

Professional support

There are also free external support services available if you’re facing challenging personal circumstances and need help. These services are available to all Australians. However, in an emergency, or if you’re not feeling safe, always call 000.
Service  Number/website About 
National Debt Line

1800 007 007
9.30am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday

Provides access to a local financial advisor.

Service  Number/website About 
Translating and Interpreting Services (TIS) 13 14 50
TIS National is a 24/07 interpreting service for people who do not speak English and for agencies and businesses that need to communicate with their non-English speaking clients.
Services Australia https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au
Government services available for both students and older Australians.

Service  Number/website About 
Lifeline 13 11 14 (24-hour crisis support) 24-hour support for anyone across Australia experiencing a personal crisis or thinking about suicide.
MensLine Australia 1300 789 978 24-hour phone and online support and information service for Australian men. Supports men and boys who are dealing with family and relationship difficulties.
 National Relay Service (NRS)

Voice: 1300 555 727
TTY: 133 677
SMS: 0432 677 767

NRS is an Australia wide telephone access service available to customers who are deaf or have a hearing or speech impediment.

Service  Number/website  About
1800 Respect 1800 737 732 24-hour hotline for any Australian who has experienced, or is at risk of, family and domestic violence and/or sexual assault.
Women's Legal Services Australia http://www.wlsa.org.au/
A national network of community legal centres specialising in women's legal issues.
Aboriginal Family Domestic Violence Hotline 1800 019 123 A dedicated contact line for Aboriginal victims of crime who would like information on victims' rights, how to access counselling and financial assistance.

Service Number/website   About
Centre for Rural and Remote Mental Health (02) 6363 8444 Provides leadership in rural and remote mental health research, evidence-based service design and delivery. They do not provide emergency services.

Service Number/website  About
GriefLine https://griefline.org.au/
Support for people experiencing grief, loss and trauma.
Relationships Australia 1300 551 800 Relationship support services for individuals and families, including counselling, family dispute resolution and education support programs.

Service Number/website About
STARTTS 02 9646 6800 STARTTS' services are free for people of any age who have survived torture, trauma or both and are refugees, asylum seekers, or from refugee-like backgrounds.
National Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation https://www.naccho.org.au/
National peak body representing Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services across the country on Aboriginal health and wellbeing issues.

More help

If you need more support with your cover, or help understanding your insurance, please contact us.