What's included in the cover


  • Fire

  • Flood

  • Storm

  • Theft

  • Vandalism

  • Water damage

  • Temporary accommodation

  • Essential temporary repairs

  • Legal liability

Not Included

  • Home (choose from Home or Home and Contents cover)

  • Accidental damage

  • Portable contents away from home (optional benefit)

  • Contents in storage (optional benefit)

  • Contents at student accommodation (optional benefit)

Optional Benefits

Accidental damage

Standard cover only includes accidental damage to glass. This option extends your cover to the rest of your home and contents.

Contents in storage

If your belongings are in storage you’ll need additional cover.

Contents at student accommodation

Cover for your belongings in your student accommodation.

Domestic Workers Compensation

Covers the cost of injury compensation to people working in your home.

Portable contents

Cover for items such as jewellery, your mobile phone and laptop away from home.

Cycle cover

Added protection for bike lovers, at home and when you’re cycling.

home general content

Ways to save

Want to save on your home and contents insurance? Here's how:

  • Flexible excess - lower the cost of your cover by opting for a higher excess
  • Annual premium discount - save by paying your premium upfront
  • Claims experience bonus - claim-free customers can save
  • Security discount - security devices such as alarms and deadlocks (that meet our minimum standards) can save you money
  • Over 50s discount - senior policyholders can save
  • Retirees discount - lower premiums for retired customers.
Home Prestige

Home Prestige

Want the added peace of mind that comes with our highest level of cover? With Home Prestige you’ll enjoy a range of extra benefits, including accidental damage cover, higher limits across selected items and cover for contents outside the home (if you’re insuring your contents). You can choose our Prestige cover for your home, your contents, or opt for a combined home and contents policy.

Find out more

Renters insurance

Ten great unknown things about renters insurance

Tenants are responsible for their own belongings at the property they’re renting. Renter’s insurance – also known as contents insurance – means you can make a claim for the costs to replace lost, stolen or damaged belongings or negligent damage to another person’s property. .



Does renters insurance cover that? 10 FAQs answered

Here are the answers to some of the most common things people want to know about renters or contents insurance and explain what is and isn’t covered.

Insurance calculators

Contents insurance calculator

It’s easy to underestimate the cost of replacing your belongings. Our insurance calculator will help you choose the right level of cover (your m insured).

Contents cover - Frequently Asked Questions

You’re covered for loss or damage caused by ‘defined events’. For details of these events, refer to the Product Disclosure Statement and your Policy Schedule.
Not automatically. This is an option you can select at an additional cost.
Your carpets and blinds are covered by your contents insurance.

There are certain limits for particular high risk items. If you have an item that exceeds this limit, you need to specifically list the item on your policy. We’ll usually need valuations, receipts or serial numbers as proof of ownership in the event of a claim. You’ll find more information about this in the Product Disclosure Statement and your Policy Schedule.

There are two types of specified items. ‘Specified contents’ are items covered inside your home. It doesn’t cost extra to specify these on your policy.

‘Specified portable contents’ items have additional cover away from home if you choose this option. For more information on the limits that apply to your policy, refer to your Product Disclosure Statement and Policy Schedule.

No. To protect your personal valuables away from home, you'll need to opt for Portable Contents insurance. This covers accidental loss or damage anywhere in Australia and New Zealand, and can be extended to include worldwide cover.
Yes. For more information, please refer to your Product Disclosure Statement and your Policy Schedule.
If your house will be unoccupied for more than 60 days, you should contact us to continue your cover. Other restrictions on cover may apply. You’ll find more information about this in the Product Disclosure Statement and your Policy Schedule.
Use our contents insurance calculator to assess the value of your contents.

The advice on this website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. You must decide whether or not it is appropriate, in light of your own circumstances, to act on this advice. You should ensure you obtain and consider the Product Disclosure Statement for the policy before you make any decision to acquire it.

Need more help?

Call us at 133 723

Mon-Fri 8am-8pm, Sat 8am-1:30pm (AEST)