Caravan damaged, stolen or in an accident?

  • Prevent further loss or damage and ensure the safety of yourself and those around you
  • Inform the police if something has been stolen or vandalised, or if you are required by law
  • Take details of other involved parties and third-party witnesses
  • Make a claim online or call us as soon as possible.
Claim online Call 133 723 (24/7)

How does it all work?

Our insurance claim process is quick and easy. To see what is involved in claiming, what information you'll need, and how to get your claim lodged, check out the sections below.

Lodging your claim

If you're a QBE Caravan insurance policyholder, you can lodge a claim online or call 133 723. You'll typically need the following information:

  • Your QBE policy number.
  • Proof of ownership documents such as receipts, owner's manuals or bank statements.
  • The name, address, phone number, email address, licence number and insurer of other drivers involved.
  • The name and contact details for the owner of other vehicles involved if not the driver at the time.
  • The registration number of other vehicles involved in the accident.
  • Details of the accident such as the date and time, location, weather conditions at the time.
  • A police report if something was stolen or vandalised.

Managing your claim

To assess your claim we'll investigate the accident and tell you if we need more information. We'll also contact any other parties involved. If you receive any correspondence from other parties, please send it to your claims officer.

If we accept your claim we'll help you through the repair process.

If your caravan was stolen, or the cost of repairs is more than its value, then we'll declare it a 'write-off' and pay out your claim.

Managing repairs

If we agree to repair your caravan, we'll ask you send a quote from a repairer of your choice along with photos of the damage to our claims team. We'll then assess the damage and either authorise the repairs or organise a QBE inspection if necessary.

All repairs authorised by QBE have a lifetime guarantee on the quality of the repairs for any defect due to faulty workmanship or faulty material for the life of your vehicle.

Settling your claim

Once your caravan has been repaired or we've declared it a write off, you may need to pay an excess before we close your claim. An excess is the amount of money you have to pay whenever you make a claim, and a number of different types of excesses may apply to your claim. We'll let you know exactly what's applicable when you lodge your claim.

If we repair your caravan, you'll usually pay the excess to the repairer once they've completed their work. If your caravan's declared a write off, we'll deduct the excess from the amount we pay for your claim.

Frequently Asked Questions

Make sure the caravan is safe and secure and notify the police. Then call us 24 hours a day on 133 723.

You may need to prove to us you've suffered a loss covered by your policy. This may include:

  • Police reports
  • Proof of loss or damage
  • Proof of ownership
  • Receipts or tax invoices
  • Photos or video of the item/s

If your caravan is damaged in an accident where we determine you are not at-fault, you may not have to pay an excess. We'll let you know if this is the case when you lodge your claim.

Need more help?

Call us at 133 723

Mon-Fri 8am-8pm, Sat 8am-1:30pm (AEST)