alt text here

Are you employed and sick or injured, or suffered a loss while travelling for work?

  • You may be able to make a loss of income claim, due to a serious illness or injury
  • Travelling and need to report a loss? You can wait until you’re safely home first
  • You may be able to make a claim, if you’re an expatriate overseas or inpatriate in Australia
  • Contact your employer, broker, or our Claims Team for help to lodge your claim
  • For worldwide 24/7 emergency assistance, contact World Travel Protection. Call + 61 2 8907 5660 or email: assist@worldtravelprotection.com

Claim online   Call 133 723 (24/7)

Our product suite

Warehouse worker talking on phone holding a clipboard

Group Personal Accident and Sickness insurance

Provides group cover to companies or common interest groups of any size.

Smiling young man leaning on his work desk

Individual Personal Accident and Sickness insurance

Tailored protection for individuals or self-employed people of any trade in the event of an injury or sickness. It may cover your working hours or provide 24-hour a day protection.

Business man pulling his carry-on luggage using his mobile phone

Corporate Travel insurance

Provides protection while travelling on company business anywhere in the world.

Doctors and nurse looking at an xray image in their hospital office

Expatriate and Inpatriate Medical insurance

Provides protection to people domiciled outside of Australia for a period in excess of 90 days, or foreign nationals who are temporarily employed in Australia.

Blurred business people attending a trade fair

Journey insurance

Cover for you or your people if injured while travelling between work and home.

Rugby players lifting teammate after winning

Sports Injury insurance

If you run a sports club or association this option covers your members while they’re playing, training or officiating club activities.

Volunteers working in a charitable donation warehouse

Voluntary Workers insurance

Cover for individuals or groups if they are injured while doing voluntary work.

Customer-focused claims handling and 24/7 emergency assistance

If you have expatriate, inpatriate or corporate travel cover, our emergency assistance team is on call 24/7 to help. If you’re injured, get sick or find your travel plans in chaos, we’re just a phone call away.

We have longstanding relationships with emergency assistance partners who are carefully selected. They’ll deliver high-quality care and advice, in the time-critical period after an unforeseen event.

We have a dedicated Accident and Health claims team on your side, plus a streamlined claims process should you need to make a claim. That includes:

  • A specialist Accident and Health claims officer to manage your claim
  • Acknowledgement of your claim within one business day of receiving it
  • Payment within five business days of receiving your completed forms once we accept your claim.

That can take the pressure off the person affected, their loved ones, and your organisation. Need more information? Contact your broker or, read our FAQs below.

Frequently asked questions

To talk to us about an Accident and Health claim, you can:

A waiting period is the amount of time that must pass from disablement to work from an injury or illness, before the claim can take effect.

For weekly benefits or loss of income claims, a minimum waiting period applies. Usually, it’s 1-2 weeks but it can vary depending on your cover.

Your claims officer will let you know if any waiting period applies to your claim.

An excess is the amount you agree to pay towards a claim. For Corporate Travel, Expatriate and Inpatriate claims there’s usually an excess to pay.

Your claims officer will let you know if any excess applies to your claim. More than one excess may apply in some circumstances. We’ll tell you if there are any excesses to pay and the cost. You can also talk to us if you’re in financial hardship

You need a valid medical certificate for us to be able to pay you weekly benefits. The maximum period we may pay you for can vary from 52 weeks to 104 weeks or as certified by your treating doctor.

If you’re only claiming non-Medicare medical expenses, we’ll complete your claim 12 months from the date of injury.

The COVID-19 pandemic is considered a ‘known event’ in our Accident and Health policies. Any claims related to COVID-19 are not covered under our Corporate Travel insurance policy.

All Public Health Emergencies of International Concern as declared by the World Health Organisation (such as COVID-19), are excluded from our cover.

Need more help?

Call us on 133 723

24/7 (AEST/AEDT)