QBE Australia is proud to continue its participation in the Financial Inclusion Action Plan (FIAP) to address key customer and community issues and provide accessible solutions to their current and emerging needs.
As an international business, QBE operates in a range of global markets, and our diverse customers encounter unique environmental and social challenges every day. In Australia and abroad, we have an opportunity to better support the communities that we serve and help create more accessible solutions for our customers’ current and emerging needs.
In 2019 and 2020, QBE Australia partnered with Good Shepherd to develop our first Foundation Financial Inclusion Action Plan (FIAP) which outlined 29 initiatives aimed at improving financial inclusion, resilience and wellbeing for our customers, community partners, suppliers, and employees, in 2021.
In line with the FIAP program terms, our progress towards these initiatives was independently reviewed and validated by EY. Our progress report was published in the first quarter of 2022.
Now, QBE Australia has embarked on a second iteration of the foundation FIAP and it has been developed to address the following key areas of the FIAP program:
The delivery of these initiatives will enable us to support our stakeholders by:
- Providing improved awareness and access to appropriate financial products and services
- Increased understanding of barriers to financial inclusion, resilience and wellbeing
- Improved support for financially vulnerable customers, employees, suppliers and community
- Increased pathways and tools for ongoing support for vulnerable groups
- More partnerships and collaboration to support vulnerable groups.
Read more about QBE's Financial Inclusion Action Plan.
For more information, visit fiap.org.au/