Caravan Insurance update

From 9 February 2024, we’re no longer selling caravan insurance. Rest assured, if you have an existing policy, your cover isn’t affected. QBE will continue to cover your caravan and help you with a claim until your current policy expires. We’ll remind you just before it expires, so you can make other arrangements.

How to find alternative insurers

Visit Find an insurer. It’s a referral service provided by the Insurance Council of Australia, designed to help you find a list of insurers who offer the products you’re searching for.

If you’re unhappy and want to make a complaint, our complaint resolution service is available to you.

What's included in the cover

Standard Benefits

  • Accident damage

  • Theft or attempted theft

  • Fire

  • Up to $500 essential temporary repairs

  • Up to $1000 emergency accommodation and transport costs

  • Towing costs

  • Up to $750 re-delivery costs

  • Up to $100 towards the cost of stolen or damaged tools

  • Annexe cover

  • Up to $2000 freight costs

  • Up to $1000 per claim after accident clean-up

  • Up to $1,000 towards the cost to repair a household electric motor if it has been burnt out by fusion

  • Lifetime repair guarantee on repairs authorised by QBE

  • Choice of repairer

  • Windscreen cover

  • $30m legal liability

Optional Benefits

Specified contents

Choose this option to ensure protection for specified items listed on your policy.

Excess free windscreen and window glass protection

Your excess will be waived if your windscreen or window glass needs to be replaced as a result of accidental breakage.

Lay-up cover

Covers your caravan when it is not being used.

Frequently Asked Questions

Yes, we cover caravans and trailers that are used for business purposes, but there are some occupations we won’t cover. For more information call us on 133 723.

Make sure the caravan is safe and secure and notify the police. Then call us 24 hours a day on 133 723.

This is an Agreed Value policy. Let us know the replacement cost of your caravan (or trailer) including all of its accessories, and the replacement cost of your annexe and we’ll fix this value for the period of insurance.

Not automatically. To cover the contents within your caravan you’ll need to add the General contents optional benefit and/or the Specified contents optional benefit to your policy. You can add contents cover when you take out your policy.

You’ll be covered if your caravan is parked at your home providing you’re not using it as a main residence. If you know you won’t be using your caravan, let us know and we might be able to offer you our lay up cover. This will reduce your premium, but it means you won’t be covered if you use your caravan during the period you told us it was parked at home.

You might also be interested in...

Car insurance - Young man reflected in a car side mirror

Car insurance

Flexible car insurance for everyday Australians. Choose between two easy-to-understand covers from a 2020 award-winning insurer.

CTP insurance tile car driving down country down country road in sunset

Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance

Compulsory Third Party insurance made easy, for drivers in New South Wales, Queensland and South Australia. Make the switch to QBE.

Home insurance banner - young family leaving their home

Home insurance

Building and contents insurance can cover your property and possessions in case of fire, storm damage, theft and more.

The advice on this website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. You must decide whether or not it is appropriate, in light of your own circumstances, to act on this advice. You should ensure you obtain and consider the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and Target Market Determination (TMD) for the policy before you make any decision to acquire it.

Need more help?