Information for our customers affected by the severe weather and flooding across VIC, TAS and NSW
We’re working hard to support our customers affected by the severe weather and flooding across Victoria, Tasmania and New South Wales.
We have additional team members ready to take your calls and lodge claims.
If you need to make a claim, please contact us as soon as you’re safe and able to do so.
While our assessors and tradespeople can’t enter affected areas until emergency services declare it safe, notifying us of your claim as soon as possible helps us speed up the claims process to get you back on your feet sooner.
How to claim
It’s okay if you don’t know your policy details when you call us — all we need is your name and address we’ll find it for you.
Most importantly, we want you and your family to be safe so it’s important that you follow the advice of emergency services and local authorities. We’ve put together some useful content to help you prepare for a flood, stay safe during a flood, and safely return to your home after a flood.
- Always follow the advice and direction of emergency services
- Never try to drive through flood-affected areas
- Return to your property only when the authorities deem it safe
- Be cautious around electrical items that may have been affected by water - don’t turn on anything, including lights, until an electrician can check it’s safe to do so and avoid fallen power lines which may still be live
- Watch out for wildlife, such as snakes, that may have been displaced by the flood
- If you’re in urgent need of ‘make safe’ repairs, temporary accommodation or emergency cash payments, please contact us straight away
- Take photographs or videos of any damage to support your claim and speed up claim processing time
- Discard any damaged goods that may pose a health-risk - don’t forget to take photographs and, if safe to do so, keep a sample of the material to support your claim
- Be aware of scammers offering assistance with claims or repairs. Always contact us first to ensure the works are authorised by a reputable company that guarantees its work. See here for more information.
For the latest information on emerging and current weather conditions across Australia, please listen to the local radio and monitor information from the emergency sources listed on our Catastrophe hub.