Each day we also publish updates, tips for your home, car and travel insurance, important information during times of catastrophe, customer stories and more.
How it works
Thanks for your interest in QBE’s social media platforms - we’ve created them for you to enjoy and we welcome your contribution, as well as any questions, feedback and comments you may have. By using our social media platforms, you agree to abide by the following house rules. These rules are designed to ensure this a positive space where all our customers, followers and visitors can engage in safe, fair, on-topic discussion. What you see on QBE’s social media does not reflect QBE’s opinions.
- Do not post any offensive material Any posts containing offensive, threatening, obscene, defamatory, hateful, discriminatory and/or violent language or content will not be tolerated. Similarly, do not post or link to any sexually explicit material.
- Do not post any harmful content This includes any links to, or files or websites that contain harmful viruses.
- Do not post any misleading or infringing content We reserve the right to remove any posts that contain misleading, inaccurate or inappropriate information about QBE, our products or our people. Similarly, do not post any content that infringes on someone else’s intellectual property.
- Do not spam, troll or post excessively repetitive messages Please refrain from posting anything that contains spam (i.e. off-topic messages that promote or endorse other products or services), aims to troll (i.e. to provoke or incite disruption and argument) or is excessively repetitive, including complaints that have previously been responded to.
If anything you post breaches the above rules, we reserve the right to delete the content and you may lose your right to participate on QBE’s social media platforms. QBE reserves the right to block any offenders from the page.
Accuracy of information
While QBE takes every effort in ensuring all information posted is correct, we cannot guarantee accuracy. You acknowledge and agree QBE is not responsible for, and does not check the content or accuracy of, any material (including your Material) posted by other Users on QBE’s social media.
Please remember all statements made by QBE should be considered general information only. QBE’s social media does not purport to provide you with financial product or investment advice of any kind. The information available via QBE’s social media does not take account of your particular financial or insurance position or requirements. QBE suggests you seek independent advice before acting upon QBE’s social media content or any information found on a Third Party site.
Limitation of liability and indemnity
- Inclusion of your Material on QBE’s social media does not indicate any approval of your Material by QBE, its suppliers or commercial partners. QBE does not endorse, approve or authorise any material (including your Material) on its social media.
- Subject to any responsibilities implied by law and which cannot be excluded, QBE, and its directors, employees, agents, contractors and related bodies corporate, are not liable to you for any losses, damages, liabilities, claims and expenses (including but not limited to legal costs and defence or settlement costs) whatsoever, whether direct, indirect or consequential, arising out of or referable to QBE’s social media content, User Material, Third Party Material, third party services, or to access (or lack of access) to QBE social media by you, howsoever caused, whether in contract, tort including negligence, statute or otherwise.
- You indemnify QBE in respect of any liability incurred by QBE for any loss, cost, damage or expense, howsoever caused, suffered by QBE as a result of your breach of these Social Media Terms or your use of QBE’s social media.
- Your use of QBE’s social media, and your contribution of Material to them, is at your own risk.
Submission of content/material to the social media services
- You are fully responsible for the content of all material that you contribute to QBE social media, including text, images, photos and videos (Material). QBE shall not be liable in any way for such Material to the full extent permitted by law and shall not be deemed or considered to in any way authorise, endorse, approve or support any Material submitted by any User.
- You must ensure all your Material was created by you and that you own all intellectual property rights in it. You must have obtained full prior consent from any person who has jointly created or has any rights in the Material, to the uses and terms herein.
- In addition, you warrant and agree your Material:
- is not unlawful or fraudulent and does not infringe the intellectual property rights, privacy, publicity or other right of any person and does not breach any obligations of confidentiality;
- contains no spam or other unreasonably commercial, advertising, marketing or promotional content or links or information which would facilitate the sale or purchase of products or services;
- contains no personal information or passwords, or the personal details of third parties such as phone numbers, mail or email addresses;
- is not defamatory, threatening, harassing, spiteful or abusive;
- is not indecent or sexual or pornographic in nature, does not include gratuitous swearing or profanity and does not vilify, insult or humiliate any person or group (including, without limitation, on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation or any physical or mental disability);
- contains nothing which is unduly provocative (including, without limitation, flaming, trolling or otherwise hostile content) or which is false, misleading or deceptive; or
- contains no computer viruses or other computer files or code which adversely affects any person or entity.
- If your Material contains images (either photographs or videos) you must obtain the consent of any person featured or identifiable in the images before contributing that Material to QBE’s social media.
- When contributing to QBE’s social media you must not impersonate any other person. You must not use QBE’s social media in a manner which adversely affects the use of enjoyment by any person of QBE’s social media.
- You agree that if your use of QBE’s social media breaches the above Terms, QBE has the right to terminate your use of its social media platforms.
Management and use of submitted content/material on social media platforms
- You will continue to own the intellectual property rights in your Material. You give QBE irrevocable permission to use your Material in any way (including changing, adapting, reproducing or communicating your Material to the public; including but not limited to, company brochures and other marketing and/or advertising material) without charge and without any right of attribution to you and to allow others to use it in the same way.
- At any time and in its sole discretion and without notice to you, QBE may refuse to include your Material in QBE’s social media, remove all or part of your Material from QBE’s social media, edit your Material or terminate one or more of QBE’s social media platforms or your access to them.
Collection of information and privacy
- QBE understands Users of QBE’s social media may be concerned about the security, privacy and confidentiality of information it may gain about them online. QBE is committed to respecting Users’ privacy and, at all times, complies with its obligations under Australian and New Zealand privacy law (as applicable).
- These Social Media Terms explain QBE’s policy for handling personal information which you may provide to us as you access and/or use QBE’s social media. 'Personal information' means information which identifies you as an individual or from which your identity can reasonably be ascertained.
- You agree and freely acknowledge that when you submit personal Material, for public display on QBE’s social media , it may be available for anyone in the world to read,view and/or comment on.
Links to third party websites/social accounts
- QBE’s social media may contain links to other social media sites or websites which are owned or operated by third parties independent of QBE (“Third Party Sites”). QBE does not sponsor, endorse or approve of the operators of Third Party Sites, or material (including services, information, graphics, or data) which is located on such Third Party Sites (“Third Party Material”).
- QBE’s social media may contain or link to information about special offers, deals or promotions by persons not related to or part of QBE (“Third Party Offers”). QBE does not sponsor, endorse, or approve of any Third Party Offers, or Third Party Material associated with these offers.
- Subject to any applicable law which cannot be excluded, QBE makes no warranties or representations:
- regarding the quality, accuracy, merchantability or fitness for purpose of Third Party Material, or products or services available through Third Party Sites; or
- that Third Party Material does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any person.
- QBE is not authorising the reproduction of Third Party Material by linking QBE’s social media content to Third Party Material.
“Cookies” and targeted advertising
We may use personal information that we collect about you – and combine it with other information – to present digital content tailored to your interests, including targeted advertising. Targeted advertising is advertising that we or our partners display on websites and apps outside qbe.com.au – and is based on the preferences or interests inferred from data collected from a particular computer or device, regarding web viewing behaviours over time and across different websites and apps.
If you don’t want us to collect information about you using cookies and similar technologies, you can disable or delete them. Most computer systems and browsers offer their own privacy settings, and we encourage you to use them to enhance your choices. However, if you do disable cookies and similar technologies, some site functionality may not work.
General terms and conditions
- QBE may vary these terms from time to time. You should check for variations periodically.
- These terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of New South Wales, Australia.
- If QBE has collected your personal information through your use of QBE’s social media, you have a right to access, update or correct that personal information, with some limitations as permitted by Australian or New Zealand law.
- You also have the right to make a complaint about your privacy. You should direct any information access/correction request or privacy concern relating to your use of QBE’s social media by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Copyright in the Material on QBE’s social media is owned or licensed by QBE. Third party trademarks are trademarks of the respective third parties.