Your minimum information checklist
Sending us the right information upfront can help us speed up the process, so you can deliver even better service to your customers.
Below is a list of the minimum information required to complete an initial assessment. Please note our underwriters may request additional information specific to your customer in some cases.
- Legal name of carrier (Applicant) and additional insured
- Period of insurance
- Years of business operation
- Basic load cover
- Nominated client/commodity (accidental damage) cover
- Legal defence cover
- Optional additional insured events
- Additional expenses
- Collapse of decks
- Rain-water damage
- Shedding of load
- Theft and non-delivery
- Gross freight earnings
- Radius of transit from homebase: within 300km, within 600km, within 1,000km, within 1,500km over 1,500km
- Limit of liability required
- Type of commodities with estimated GFE ie general cargo, car carriers, heavy haulage, machinery, livestock, refrigerated commodities
- Current excess
- Claims history - type of loss, date of loss, value ($)
- Other insurance provider history
- Declined renewals/policy of insurance cancelled
- Had any motor convictions/been charged or convicted of any criminal offence?
- Signed application form
- Consignment notes (if applicable)
Want to request a quote?
Submit your customer’s quote request with the minimum information above to firstname.lastname@example.org
Download a pdf of this guideline
This information is prepared for clients of QBE and their customers. It provides general information only. It does not take into account matters specific to your business. You should always seek independent professional advice before acting upon anything in this document. No part of this publication can be reproduced without the written permission of QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited ABN 78 003 191 035. Normal underwriting terms and conditions apply. Consider the Policy Wordings to see if the product is right for your customer.