Our Commercial Hull insurance is based on the Institute of London Underwriters’ clauses and covers vessels used for commercial purposes on Australian waters. A plain language policy is also available for most vessels and includes standard cover for:
- Accidental damage
- Malicious damage
- Transit damage
- Loss or damage due to war
- Loss or damage to personal and crew property
- Repairers’ negligence
- Damage caused by governmental authority
- Other damage including latent defect and damage due to the negligence of the skipper, master or crew.
Additional benefits include crew accident cover:
- Death – sum of $25,000
- Temporary total disablement – the sum of $250 per week, limited to 100 weeks
- Permanent total disablement – the sum of $25,000.
Third party liability benefits:
- Accidental death or bodily injury to a person other than the owner or crew; accidental damage to other people's property
- Cover for $5 million, $10 million or $20 million.
Optional extensions include:
- Loss of hire/income – resulting from loss or damage caused to the vessel. Limited to $500 per day up to a maximum of $15,000 in the aggregate of any one loss
- Sports, fishing and/or diving equipment – accidental damage or theft of sports, fishing and/or diving equipment up to $2,000 for any one item up to a limit of $20,000
- Passenger liability – accidental death or bodily injury to a passenger while being carried aboard your client’s vessel or accidental damage to their personal effects
- Pollution liability – sudden and accidental pollution cover, including clean-up costs, up to a limit of $500,000.