Keep your business moving

Providing fast, door-to-door service is essential to keeping your clients and their customers happy. If a storm or fire damages your warehouse, an employee driving a forklift accidentally damages any goods, or a client gets injured at your warehouse, it could prove extremely costly to your business and your reputation.

QBE provides a range of business insurance options for small to medium-sized transport, logistics and warehouse businesses – helping you keep moving when the unexpected happens. Whether you need transport insurance, warehouse insurance, or a package, our professional brokers can find the perfect level of coverage for your business.

What does Transport and Warehouse insurance cover* ?

QBE Transport and Warehouse insurance covers various types of logistics insurance, and can be tailored to include:

  • Public liability insurance – $5 million, $10 million, $20 million or $50 million cover against third-party personal injury and property damage
  • Physical loss or damage to a business’ location from fire, lightning, wind, water, sprinkler leakage, explosion, earthquake, vandalism and more
  • Machinery or electronic equipment breakdown
  • Theft of property or stock at the business location
  • Legal action by employees (also known as Employment Practices Liability)
  • Legal action by government (also known as Statutory Liability)
  • Business vehicles
  • Personal accident and sickness

* Covers listed are subject to terms and conditions. Limits and exclusions apply.

What are the most common claims for Transport and Warehouse operators?

Transport insurance in Australia is vital as countless goods move all over the country every day. Between national transport insurance and warehousing insurance, we regularly see a number of common claims that occur more frequently than others.

Here are some of the most common claims:

  • Accidental damage to their property and third-party property such as driving into fences or walls
  • Accidental damage to stored goods
  • Damage to their property due to storms or fire

How do I get business insurance for Transport and Warehouse operators?

QBE’s business insurance for Transport and Warehouse operators is available through brokers and QBE authorised representatives. They’ll ensure your cover works for you. And if you need to make a claim, they’ll guide you through our claims process.

Need a broker? If you don’t have a reliable personal recommendation, the National Insurance Brokers Association (NIBA)* can help you find an accredited broker. Or see our guide to finding the right broker.

*The brokers on this site are not employees or agents of QBE, but are independent entities. QBE is not responsible for any advice provided to you by any broker on this site. Any such advice is the responsibility of the broker concerned.

You might be interested in...

Business Packages

A one stop shop cover for liability, property damage, business interruption, theft, glass breakage, machinery breakdown and more.

Public Liability insurance

Operate with confidence knowing you’re covered if a third party claims against you for property damage or personal injury caused by your people or products.

Commercial Motor insurance 

Flexible cover for any number of business vehicles, with policies designed to meet your needs. For everything from cars, utes and vans to trucks and earth movers.

Workers Compensation 

Essential cover for your workers, delivered by experts. We also provide specialist training and advice to help your people and business thrive.

Corporate Travel insurance

Provides protection while travelling on company business anywhere in the world.

Business insurance explained

The insurance you need to start a small business
Business insurance
How to avoid underinsurance in business
Business insurance
10 key considerations for your small business insurance policy