Working overseas or temporarily in Australia, and need to claim for medical services?
- Seek medical assistance first if you need it
- If you’re overseas and need urgent assistance, call nib Assist on +61 3 8523 2523 or, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If it’s not an emergency, follow the steps below to lodge your claim.
For emergency assistance, call nib Assist:
- Outside Australia: +61 3 8523 2523
- Within Australia: 1300 555 019 or +61 3 8523 2800
- Email: email@example.com
To lodge your claim, you’ll generally need:
- Your QBE policy number
- Your personal details and those of any family members who are also on your cover for this claim
- Completed and signed claim form
- Details of your circumstances
- Details of your claimed expenses, such as dental, physio, and GP bills and invoices
- Bank account details if we reimburse you.
When we receive your completed claim form, our specialist claims officer will contact you. If we need to, we’ll ask for more details so we can assess your claim. For example, we may need more information on any surgery, treatment or prescription medications related to your claim.
An excess or deductible is an agreed amount which you need to pay, before you can receive any policy benefits. Please check your policy schedule to see if an excess or deductible applies to your policy. We’ll tell you what your excess or deductible is, when you make your claim.
If we accept your claim, we’ll aim to provide efficient assistance. Talk to us if you’re in financial hardship as we may be able to fast-track your claim.