We appreciate there are times when circumstances beyond your control can make it difficult to meet all your financial commitments.
If you’re struggling to make a payment to us, please let us know as soon as possible:
Lenders Mortgage Insurance – go to LMI Hardship Assistance.
Insurance premiums – call 133 723 Mon-Fri 8am-8pm, Sat 8am-5pm (AEST).
Any other payments – follow the steps below to make a financial hardship application and we’ll consider any financial issues you’re experiencing.
- Complete your application
Complete a financial hardship application form and gather your supporting documents. You’ll need to provide supporting information for your main income (payslip or Centrelink statement). The following documents may be required if they’re relevant to your circumstances.
- Letter from former employer confirming loss of employment
- Letter from charitable organisation regarding loss of employment or inability to provide for basic necessities
- Bank notice regarding unpaid overdraft or repossession of mortgaged property
- Eviction notice
- Copies of unexpected bills/payments
- Pending disconnection of essential service/s
- Repossession notice of essential items, e.g. car, motorcycle
- Funeral expenses
- Notice of impending legal action
- Family law court document regarding changes.
- Letter from doctor confirming inability to earn income due to disability, injury, illness or caring for sick family member
- Overdue medical bills.
- Submit your application
If you need help with the application process, contact our Customer Care Unit on 1300 650 503. We can take you through the process and help you complete your application, but you’ll still be required to supply supporting information.
Submit your completed financial hardship application and all supporting information to the Customer Care Unit:
- Email: email@example.com
- Post: Customer Care Unit, PO Box 219, Parramatta NSW 2124
Once we’ve received your application, we’ll get back to you within two business days.
Sometimes you may need extra help to get through a difficult time. For free, confidential, independent financial advice visit Financial Counselling Australia or call the national financial counselling hotline on 1800 007 007.Financial hardship provisions in the Code of Practice
Financial Hardship Flyer