Have you stopped working due to an injury or illness?
- Contact your broker who can check your cover
- Follow our easy steps below to lodge your claim.
- Lodge your claim online
- Call our 24/7 claims line on 133 723
- Email your Accident & Illness claim form or Accidental Death claim form to: email@example.com
To lodge your claim, you’ll generally need:
- Your QBE policy number
- Your personal and contact details
- Completed and signed claim form
- Details of the injury or illness
- Attending physician statement
- Declaration and proof of earnings, such as pay slips, income tax return, or a profit & loss statement.
When we receive your completed claim form, our specialist claims officer will contact you. They’ll find out how you are and discuss the details of your claim.
If we need to, we’ll ask for more details so we can assess your claim. For example, we may need more information on your medical history and income. We'll also let you know if there are any waiting periods that apply.
Talk to us if you’re in financial hardship as we may be able to fast-track your claim.
We understand a serious injury or illness can cause stress and uncertainty. That’s why we aim to provide efficient assistance, plus help you understand what’s involved in our claim process.
If we accept your claim, we’ll work with you to help you safely return to work. Our Accredited Rehabilitation Providers will also assist in your recovery, and we’ll cover the costs.
We may complete your claim when you've made a successful return to work. If your same condition recurs within six months of your return to full-time work and you need to take more time off, we may be able to reopen your claim.
If we settle your claim for weekly benefits, we’ll pay you the maximum payable amount. You can contact your broker or your claims officer for more information about claim payments.