Have you sustained an injury from playing a sport?
- Contact your club administrator and broker to confirm if they have Sports Injury Insurance with QBE
- Complete a claim form and ask an authorised club representative to sign it
- Attach information to support your claim
- Follow our easy steps below to lodge your claim.
To lodge your claim, you’ll generally need:
- Your QBE policy number
- Your personal and contact details
- Completed and signed claim form
- Details of the injury
- Attending physician statement
- Invoices for non-Medicare medical expenses
- Signed declaration from authorised representative of the club
- Declaration and proof of earnings, such as pay slips, income tax return, or a profit & loss statement.
When we receive your completed claim form, our specialist claims officer will contact you. They’ll find out how you are and discuss the details of your claim.
If we need to, we’ll ask for more details so we can assess your claim. For example, we may need more information on your medical history and income. We'll also let you know if there are any waiting periods that apply.
Talk to us if you’re in financial hardship as we may be able to fast-track your claim.
We understand a serious injury can cause stress and uncertainty. That’s why we aim to provide efficient assistance, plus help you understand what’s involved in our claim process.
If we accept your claim, we’ll work with you to help you safely return to work. Our Accredited Rehabilitation Providers will also assist in your recovery, and we’ll cover the costs.
We may complete your claim when you've made a successful return to work. If you’re only claiming non-Medicare medical expenses, we’ll complete your claim 12 months from your date of injury.
If we settle your claim for weekly benefits, we’ll pay you the maximum payable amount. You can contact your broker or your claims officer for more information on claim payments.