Every day we receive web based broker enquiries. Accessible below are a selection of the most asked questions which we hope you will find useful. If you can’t find the information you are looking for, please contact your QBE representative.
A new category of “excluded RPA” came into effect with regulation changes introduced on 29 September 2016. This category is subject to reduced regulatory requirements. Excluded Remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPA) operators are either:
- Sub 2kg units operating within Standard Operating Conditions or,
- Sub 25kg units operating within Standard Operating Conditions on their own property
The risks of using a Remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPA) are mainly around liability for any associated damage or injury.
QBE analysis identifies some common cause of losses including:
- Pilot error during pre-flight software preparation
- Pilot error during flight
- Battery degradation due to excessive use
QBE offers a range of insurance covers specifically designed for RPAs operators.